To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

Duramax08

Premium Member

"somebody who reads email once a week"

If you have someone that reads email only once a week i.e. grandma, give them dial up. No use to have broadband if you arent going to use it that much.

Next excuse in line please
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

Re: "somebody who reads email once a week"

True, 100kbps should come free with TV for grandma (they can still rip her off by renting the modem).

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

Yes, that phantom $5 for 100 kbps grandma tier that never materializes....

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by Karl Bode:

Yes, that phantom $5 for 100 kbps grandma tier that never materializes....

Our most popular start-up tier is $15 per month for 512 Kbps speed capped at 10GB per month,and most people usually upgrade to the $20 1,024 speed after couple of months (but still 10GB cap).]

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

Which carrier is this?
WernerSchutz
join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

WernerSchutz

crapISP.com "(but still 10GB cap)"

del ftl
@comcast.net

del ftl to Duramax08

Anon

to Duramax08
When are they going to get rid of unlimited customer support? Obviously this is a cost that is unsustainable
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Duramax08

to Duramax08
Why does everyone always invoke grandma when they talk about low usage people? My grandma uses several GB a month, probably at least 100. Granted she spends a lot of time online since we got her that laptop.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

This is very true. I have a friend who is 83 years old and uses around 300GB a month. He discovered the joys of Netflix and Roku. I set him up with a DD-WRT router and couldn't get over how much bandwidth he uses.

By contrast I'm in my late 20s with a tech background and rarely use more than 100GB. I watch some Netflix but TV/movies aren't really my thing and the bulk of my online activity is web browsing and gaming.