rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

[Service] Just renewed for $88 + $15 credit for a new radio

I just renewed my service for a year and wanted to share my 2 cents. I found a number that calls their New York home, and was transferred to Canada to complete the process. The lady on the other end was very pleasant, and had a medium-thick New York accent which I found easy to understand. My credit card had already been charged through auto-renewal. I asked if there was any way to cut me a better deal without canceling, and she offered me the $88 / 1 year plan. I asked her if she could offer me a 2 year plan for $150, and said there is no code she could enter for a 2 year promo like that. I went ahead and agreed, and she credited the difference back to my CC. I also asked her about any fees associated with activating another radio if the one I have breaks (it's an old SkyFi2, still works fine). She said there would be a $15 transfer fee if that happens, but she then went on to give my account a $15 credit on top of the CC refund if the radio did crap out on me. She said the CC refund would take 7-10 business days to show up, so I'll check that along with the radio credit then to see if she was lying. If it all comes out in the wash, I'll be happy.

The number I called: 212-584-5100

Total time on the phone to take care of this: 16 minutes 45 seconds (hold time was maybe 20 seconds, very nice!)
--
"There's nothing you can screw up so badly that a judicious application of money can't fix!"

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

Be careful they will lie to you about the plan they put you on.

They said I would get my XM everything with online just like I had for the $88 a year, but they gave me some special $88 plan that did not have online or XM everything (did not have any sports games like XM everything should have). I found out like 2 months later when I tried to listen to the Bears.
It took over an hour to fix their lies to get XM everything (including online) back on my account for the $88 a year.
--
Your behavior is inconsistent with your desire to be treated like everyone else.

rlt2562
Premium
Haughton, LA

Yes, I'll check that after everything clears. Thanks for the heads up (I will now pray again).
--
"There's nothing you can screw up so badly that a judicious application of money can't fix!"

rlt2562
Premium
Haughton, LA
reply to rlt2562

Well, the credit came through, I'm happy about that. Of course I lost my online listening ability, but I won't miss it. I think I may have used it twice in the last 2 years. If I really want to hear it, I can pull my home dock / antenna out of mothballs and hook it back up here in my office.
--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to rlt2562

said by rlt2562:

was transferred to Canada to complete the process. The lady on the other end was very pleasant, and had a medium-thick New York accent which I found easy to understand. M

They woman in Canada had a thick New York accent? Never caught it, I thought they sounded like they'd migrated to Canada from Massachusetts. (it's New Brunswick I think)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to rlt2562

said by rlt2562:

Well, the credit came through, I'm happy about that. Of course I lost my online listening ability, but I won't miss it. I think I may have used it twice in the last 2 years. If I really want to hear it, I can pull my home dock / antenna out of mothballs and hook it back up here in my office.

I almost never use online, but then there is that once or twice a year I want to use it.

If you call back and complain that they lied to you they will add it to your package at no extra cost.
--
Your behavior is inconsistent with your desire to be treated like everyone else.