Search similar:

uniqs

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

1 recommendation

AlexNYC

Not true

No one will pay less, but many people will pay more.

It is not true metered billing, but low caps and high overage charges.

If I use almost 0 electricity this month I will pay almost 0, but even if I turn off my cable modem, I will not pay 0 no matter what plan I choose.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

Re: Not true

said by AlexNYC:

....If two people are paying two different prices, one is more, and one is less?

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Re: Not true

said by baineschile:

said by AlexNYC:

....If two people are paying two different prices, one is more, and one is less?

I believe it was meant that everyone will be paying more than they currently do, despite the variations between each households' bills.

I'm sure there will be a few customers that may see smaller bills, but the idea behind this shift would be for the cable company to make a bigger profit. While I am certainly not privy to the exact numbers involved, I strongly suspect that the overwhelming majority of customers would see an increase on their monthly bills with this proposed scenario of usage based billing.

This appears to be the typical modus operandi of any major corporation. Once the maximum profit has been attained and growth begins to stagnate, additional value-added features are introduced. Once this space has largely been filled, completely different segments of business are implemented, such as moving into the telephone service arena, as a relatively recent example.

It's a bit like a corporate version of the movie Highlander. "There can only be one!"
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00 to baineschile

to baineschile
relative to what your paying now..

both are paying more, just one is paying more than the other one..

regardless, you don't actually save anything.

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC to baineschile

to baineschile
If the basic rate is lets say $42 per month, but they put a cap in place down to lets say ~50 GB per month + overage charges, no one will be paying less than $42, but a whole lot of people will be paying a lot more. Get it?

It's a scam and they can get away with it since for most people there is no real competition when it comes to ISP.