All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

megarock
join:2001-06-28
Fenton, MO

megarock to gatorkram

to gatorkram

Re: Abuse your internet connection day...

Might want to call it Bring Down The Internet Day because that's what we've been told would happen if everyone could just use their connection as they see fit.

If the caps were just about abuse why not give users WELL OVER what the average user would need and just make sure there is a cap sufficient enough to deal with just them?

Because that's not what this is about nor has it ever been.
Xsinthis6
join:2009-02-13
Stouffville, ON

Xsinthis6

I like this idea, I really do

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to megarock

Premium Member

to megarock
said by megarock:

why not give users WELL OVER what the average user would need and just make sure there is a cap sufficient enough to deal with just them?

Because theres no money in that and that doesn't curtail cord cutting!

megarock
join:2001-06-28
Fenton, MO

megarock

said by dvd536:

said by megarock:

why not give users WELL OVER what the average user would need and just make sure there is a cap sufficient enough to deal with just them?

Because theres no money in that and that doesn't curtail cord cutting!

The only thing that would curtail cord cutting is to give us a-la-carte programming. The price of cable TV service is so high because we are forced to pay for tons of channels we don't want.

I do have a Netflix account which I put on hold until May because I'm not using it either which makes me wonder why the cable operators are so worried about it. Give us the programming we want and stop making us pay for what we don't and guess what - people will stop cutting the cord. I have a package of 100 channels and I watch FIVE.

But the operators see this as a golden opportunity to screw the consumer by having them pay the same or more and receive way less. Our only hope is that one operator bucks the trend - people will then flock to them and the other companies will see the wrongs in their habits and change tune. I'd even put up with a slower connection so long as I could use it as I see fit.