share rss forum feed

Zatochi
Premium
join:2004-01-17
Bossier City, LA

Toyota power mirrors

My power mirrors no longer work.

1997 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L

They worked the last time that I needed to adjust them. I have looked at all the fuses under the hood in the fuse box but I don't see one labeled mirrors. I did not pull every fuse to see if one is blown. Anyone have any idea which fuse it is and where it is located? My Hanes repair manual does not show the fuse spec/location for power mirrors.

Thanks
--
"You gonna pull them pistols.....or whistle Dixie"
Josey Wales

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2

There is a chance that your Owners Manual will indicate the fuse.

If you are in a pinch, you can push on the surface of the glass to adjust them manually.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

Zatochi
Premium
Bossier City, LA

said by Cho Baka:

There is a chance that your Owners Manual will indicate the fuse.

If you are in a pinch, you can push on the surface of the glass to adjust them manually.

Yea I have adjusted them manually and I will check the users manual.

Thanks
--
Josey Wales

Archer0T8
aka UnrealArcher

join:2005-01-21
East York, ON
reply to Zatochi

Did you check the fuse under the dash on the driver side? A quick GIS indicated that there is one there, and I know that the mirrors on my '05 Corolla have their fuse in that box, not the one under the hood.

Zatochi
Premium
Bossier City, LA

Yea I thought there was one there but all I saw was a small storage area with spare fuses. I will look again today. This storage area is on the drivers side left of the steering wheel and has a small door that flips down.
--
Josey Wales

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY
reply to Zatochi

Are any other electrical accessories not working? My money's on a switch failure, but since fuses are cheaper always check those first.
--
I run, therefore I am

cjski
The Wheel Weaves As The Wheel Will
Premium
join:2001-01-04
Sun City, CA
reply to Zatochi

This is from answers.com (for a 98 camry):

As you are sitting in the drivers seat, just in front of your left knee, there should be a little compartment that opens up. Behind that door there is another fuse box. There are about 15 fuses in there and it should be one of them. The diagram for what fuse is for what options is on the back of the door that you are going to take off.
It is one of them, number 37. The clock is mentioned a couple of times in the owner's manual. Neither of those two will solve the problem. One is under the hood (number 14) and one is behind the dash (number 34). Both are 7.5amps. Then I read further and found the power mirror fuse, a 15amp, also behind the dash, and it worked for the mirrors and the clock. It is fuse number 37 in the fuse box behind the dash.

Read more: »wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_are_the···GJPSXruq

Zatochi
Premium
Bossier City, LA
reply to Zatochi

I got it fixed. As stated, the inside fuse box is behind the small storage area left of the steering wheel. I had a bad 15 amp fuse - replaced and now they are working.

Thanks guys....

Oh and the owners manual did show the fuse location.
--
Josey Wales

Expand your moderator at work