uniqs
share rss forum feed

tmoney420

join:2011-03-10
San Diego, CA

1 edit
reply to criggs

Re: Pathetic 3G Speeds

I actually found that link last night and it works great. Surprised Sprint kept telling me it was an outage. In any event I'm much happier with a decent dl speed!
said by criggs:

Yes.

I had exactly the same problem with my Evo Shift.

DSL Reports user Shimonmor suggested I go to »androidforums.com/evo-4g-support···o4g.html for a detailed description of what you have to do. It took me about 10 minutes, but it did the trick. I am indebted to DSL Reports user Shimonmor for having called my attention to this fix.

Of course, in your case, there's a wild card, and that's that smoking hot upload speed. The procedure may not work for you, but it couldn't hurt to try.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
In fact, to tell you the truth, I've hardly used the optional 4G on the EVO Shift since I fixed the 3G. I find 3G is more than enough for most of my EVO Shift needs. It makes me wonder whether I could have saved myself the $$$ and simply upgraded my beloved old Blackberry from 1X to 3G. Oh well.

Of course, I DO occasionally use the 4G even now, in case I want to view a video clip or something like that. But that need simply doesn't arise that often. Of course, down the road, I may find my usage needs change and 4G will start coming in mighty handy.

The real downside with the 4G is the battery consumption. If it wasn't for that, I'd simply leave the Shift on 4G instead of leaving it on 3G. Oh, the permutations.