Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to kluemaster

Premium Member

to kluemaster

Re: Thinking of signing up, but NERVOUS after sales chat

said by kluemaster:

first, you say something here about 30 bucks for the second year, but mention in in the same paragraph as the zippy. Those are separate comments, correct? If so, thanks for the heads up, and at least I won't be surprised when I get the charge.

If that's the case, then If I can get the zippy at no extra cost, I'll probably just do that, and go from there, whereas if it's an extra 30 bucks a year, I don't see me using it.

Right, sorry... you get charged in year 2 (the "free" year) for fees and taxes - totals $30 or something like that - as part of the 2 year pre-paid promo. That's mentioned in the bit I quoted, which you will see in your emailed statement when you sign up. Sometimes people are surprised by that.

By my accounting, the actual monthly cost over two years is just under $10/mo after all fees and taxes in both years. Which is still pretty awesome.

The zippy adapter thing either works or it doesn't. It doesn't cost anything to use it, if you have it. I just find it to be less useful than just using a sip client (ie, a software-only phone) - even phonepower's softphone works fine without the zippy.

I was on the fence for a while myself, but I'm very happy I switched. Call quality has been excellent, and it will pay for itself in 6 months. So for me, it's 18 months of totally free (vs my old AT&T) phone service - with unlimited domestic calling. Yeah, I can live with that