how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

heimdm

join:2008-06-22
Martinsville, IN

Tower Insurance

I am working on doing a point to point link to a tower that I would be leasing space on. They require insurance for 1 mn per incidence and 2 million total. Any clue what that level of insurance would run?

Thanks,

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL

Look a little lower on the page.

»WISP can't do 5 million liability for roof lease
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

Mad Dawg
Mad Dawg
Premium
join:2006-03-19

Dunno about down your way but up here in Canada
I have a 2mil per instance with a 5mil total
and that costs about 1200 a year

GNca George
GorillaNET Wireless Broadband
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-12
Minden, ON
reply to heimdm

We have around 120 APs and pay about $8K per year. WISPs are very expensive to insure both from a perceived liability to lawsuits from being an ISP plus a problem with towers generating liability.

Geo
--
"Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius!"
Arnold Amaury

heimdm

join:2008-06-22
Martinsville, IN

I am looking to do a point to point link from Comcast so I can have high speed at my house. I need the insurance for the single antenna on comcast's tower.

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

said by heimdm:

I am looking to do a point to point link from Comcast so I can have high speed at my house. I need the insurance for the single antenna on comcast's tower.

The cost for that will be out of the average persons income, especially for a single user that is not a business. Most insurance CO's won't even talk about towers until they have your regular business liability insurance and perhaps your commercial auto coverage?
--
»www.wavecrazy.net

wolfcreek

join:2003-12-02
Pagosa Springs, CO

Try getting a quote for liability at »www.techinsurance.com/
I have had success in getting reasonable cost policys for unique situations from them. You might have to at least register a dba to get insurance though