spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rjupiter
@bellsouth.net

rjupiter

Anon

Is EL capped?

i am thinking of switching from ATT and wanted to know if they cap and how does the speed compared to ATT DSL?
Gib4500
join:2003-12-08
Sardis, OH

Gib4500

I assume you mean earthlink dsl??? IF so i have heard that it won't be capped. Check out the earthlink dsl forum. They say no in there and also i have heard from another source it would not be capped. I'm not 100 percent sure on this but this is what i have heard...

rjupiter
@bellsouth.net

rjupiter

Anon

uh, no i don't mean the DSL kind of why i asked in the Cable forum. they stopped offering the DSL in my area.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA

sonofjay to rjupiter

MVM

to rjupiter
If the source provider for EL cable for your area is Comcast there is a cap. »support.earthlink.net/ar ··· -cap.php
Gib4500
Sardis, OH

Gib4500 to rjupiter

to rjupiter
sorry i misread your post. I think if you have time warner branded earthlink cable internet it is not capped at least yet... of course if it's comcast branded earthlink then their is a cap that i think was just recently implemented.

rjupiter
@bellsouth.net

rjupiter

Anon

thats ok. is there anyway to find out which is the one i would get?
Gib4500
Sardis, OH

Gib4500

It really just depends on where you live. IF the cable provider in your area is time warner then you would get earthlink that runs over their cable lines etc... You should check on earthlink's site at earthlink.com that will tell you what you may qualify for, or you could just give them a call, they should know which territory your in.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to rjupiter

Premium Member

to rjupiter
said by rjupiter :

they stopped offering the DSL in my area.

Really? Where in the Bellsouth Domain footprint did they stop offering DSL? As far as I can tell they are offered in all former Bellsouth States.

rjupiter
@bellsouth.net

rjupiter

Anon

said by Doctor Olds See Profile
Really? Where in the Bellsouth Domain footprint did they stop offering DSL? As far as I can tell they are offered in all former Bellsouth States.
[/BQUOTE :

how can they be in the Bellsouth's domain and yet in former states? i have no idea what you mean and/or talking about.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by rjupiter :

how can they be in the Bellsouth's domain and yet in former states? i have no idea what you mean and/or talking about.

Bellsouth is now AT&T so all of the former Bellsouth States are now AT&T States. The old Bellsouth servers were not renamed so it is easy to tell the poster (aka you) is in one of the former Bellsouth States under AT&T instead of elsewhere like former SBC States.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT ··· uisition
quote:
BellSouth acquisition

On Friday December 29, 2006, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approved the new AT&T's acquisition of a regional Bell Operating Company, BellSouth, valued at approximately $86 billion (or 1.325 shares of AT&T for each share of BellSouth at the close of trading December 29, 2006).[10] The new combined company retained the name AT&T.[
»www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/fc ··· 9cd.html
quote:
The term "BellSouth States'' means Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.