spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

spdorsey

join:2002-11-10
San Jose, CA

I have Uverse internet. How can I check data usage?

I need to find out what my usage is for February. Is there a way to do that? Uverse online support is of not help at all (they disconnected me when I asked via chat).

Thanks

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL
Can't do it now but you will soon.

oddtoddy3

join:2005-05-24
Ocoee, FL
reply to spdorsey
You can use the unofficial U-Verse Real Time program and it will show you how much data you've consumed since the last router reboot. You can find it here: »www.uverserealtime.com/

Flummoxed
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Saint Peters, MO
said by oddtoddy3:

You can use the unofficial U-Verse Real Time program and it will show you how much data you've consumed since the last router reboot. You can find it here: »www.uverserealtime.com/

or goto the bottom of »192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0
"Traffic Statistics"

oddtoddy3

Ocoee, FL
said by Flummoxed:

said by oddtoddy3:

"Traffic Statistics"

Doh! I didn't even know it was there, haha. Thanks.

olegy

join:2003-06-02
San Diego, CA
reply to Flummoxed
said by Flummoxed:

said by oddtoddy3:

"Traffic Statistics"

»www.uverserealtime.com/ does not work in 64 bit and contains bloatware

»192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0 in my case shows almost 3Tb usage and the last reboot was 25 days ago. I swear to God, I did not download even remotely close to that amount. Are you sure it shows data since the last router reboot, not cumulative?

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
said by olegy:

said by Flummoxed:

said by oddtoddy3:

"Traffic Statistics"

»192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0 in my case shows almost 3Tb usage and the last reboot was 25 days ago. I swear to God, I did not download even remotely close to that amount. Are you sure it shows data since the last router reboot, not cumulative?

It includes video streams to the television boxes. Those use a heck of a lot, and are not counted towards the cap.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

oddtoddy3

Ocoee, FL
reply to spdorsey
I'm on 64 bit windows 7 and U-Verse Real Time is working fine for me. As for the 3TB thing, I'm not sure how it calculates data because for me it shows 50 GB for the last 3 days, and I don't even have U-Verse TV, ONLY internet. I know I didn't download that much in the last 3 days.

spdorsey

San Jose, CA
Mine shows 13GB in the last 11 days.

I sent large video files to Clients (I run a graphics business). So this seems like it might be correct.

Thanks all! I appreciate the responses!

Flummoxed
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Saint Peters, MO
reply to olegy
Woops sorry olegy. I'm a u-verse internet only, forgot about tv and phone people.

SomeJoe7777

join:2010-03-30
Houston, TX
kudos:7
reply to olegy
said by olegy:

U-Verse Realtime works perfectly on all 64-bit versions of Windows.

It contains no "bloatware" as you so succinctly put it. Please elaborate with an explanation or stop spreading FUD.

olegy

join:2003-06-02
San Diego, CA
said by SomeJoe7777:

said by olegy:

U-Verse Realtime works perfectly on all 64-bit versions of Windows.

It contains no "bloatware" as you so succinctly put it. Please elaborate with an explanation or stop spreading FUD.

It contains a second installation package besides U-Verse Realtime, which I mistakenly counted as bloatware. If both packages installed, it works correctly. My bad.

debit72

join:2004-01-18
Pasadena, CA
reply to spdorsey
I have only Internet and VOIP service (no TV). Is the VOIP usage counted in the totals reported by the router and UVRT, or are those numbers just my internet usage?

WhyMe420
Premium
join:2009-04-06
kudos:1
said by debit72:

I have only Internet and VOIP service (no TV). Is the VOIP usage counted in the totals reported by the router and UVRT, or are those numbers just my internet usage?

Those numbers include Internet, VoIP and TV usage. Basically any Internet data that flows through the VDSL connection.

spdorsey

San Jose, CA
I'm just Uverse internet. We have no landline and I get TV from DirecTV.

SomeJoe7777

join:2010-03-30
Houston, TX
kudos:7
reply to olegy
said by olegy:

It contains a second installation package besides U-Verse Realtime, which I mistakenly counted as bloatware. If both packages installed, it works correctly. My bad.

Yes, the other installer package is WinPCap, which is a packet inspection library necessary for many functions of UVRT to work, including the channels/streams function and the stream analyzer.

WinPCap's licensing does not allow me to distribute the .dll files directly, I have to use their installer.

BeaverHunter

join:2001-01-03
Palmdale, CA

1 edit
this is what mine shows for 20 days.

Traffic Statistics
IP Traffic Bytes Packets Errors %
Transmit 5881709694 62257545 0 0
Receive 137572931434 108063933 0 0

so how much is that for 20 days usage?

I only have internet with u-verse no phone or tv.

i got the answer. it is 128.1247767005 gigabytes the only thing i download is while watching netflix movies and xbox 360 gaming. so if i ever have a big month of using my internet i'll go over the 250 gigs allowed per month. I may have to change from u-verse and go with somebody that doesn't have download caps.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL
reply to spdorsey
www.myusage.att.com

Don't know if it is only for DSL?

spdorsey

San Jose, CA
Wings: That site does not work for Uverse, but thanks for helping!

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
Can you switch from DSL to uverse without ordering the TV service as well?

spdorsey

San Jose, CA
I got Uverse when moving into this rental home, so DSL was not a consideration for me ater I saw the Uverse speeds. I got Uverse without considering DSL and they made me get TV service as a requirement before they would install it.

I put the Uverse receiver in my daughter's room and let her have her own TV for the first 6 months. When she wanted to record "Clone Wars" on Cartoon Network, the receiver would not let her, saying that, due to an agreement between AT&T and the network, recording was disabled.

I cancelled my TV the next day (I think AT&T required 6 months of TV to get the internet, can't remember).

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
I just got off the phone with att. They will let me order just the high speed/phone service. I have to pay $99 for the modem.

The phone comes out cheaper at $35. I pay over $60 now just for the phone with local and long distance. So I am thinking about switching. I will be paying the same for high speed (after 12 month promo ends )but will get an additional 100 GB a month. Which is the only reason I am checking into uverse.

Oh well back on topic.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

spdorsey

San Jose, CA
In case you're interested...

I don't have a land line at home. I only have an internet connection (and Skype on my Mac), and a cell phone (AT&T iPhone). I have not missed my land line at all.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
I would drop the line, (wife and I have ATT Wireless). But she still wants the land line. I did cancel the $50 Long Distance package on it.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

iwantmystuff
Premium
join:2004-10-15
Birmingham, AL
reply to spdorsey
78 GB in 1 day 16 hours

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
said by iwantmystuff:

78 GB in 1 day 16 hours

LOL torrents?
--

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to olegy
said by olegy:

Mine similarly showed 3TB+ in 17 days. Like you, no way that much was downloaded. I reset my stats. Will see if I can correlate rise with TV watching.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Be aware that the U-Verse phone is VoIP, not traditional POTS AT&T Landline

texasguy37
Premium
join:2009-05-18
Grand Prairie, TX
reply to sempergoofy
That info shows all traffic into and out of the RG (i.e. TV, phone, internet). You can't look at that to see only your internet usage.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
So ATT does have the network to handle all that?