spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ltcjdc

@comcast.net

Phone Power adapter slows interconnection speed

My Phone Power Grandstream HT502 adapter is connected between my Mac and my cable modem. With the adapter installed, my internet broadband connect speeds range from 100-197 K. Remove the adapter and connect my Mac directly to my cable modem and my speeds increase to 3.5 - 5 Meg. Phone Power tech support hasn't been much help. They just keep sending me questions and never seem to act to fix the problem. A good company would have immediately sent me a new box to start with. Any configuration suggestions or a recommendation for a new VOIP provider?

nycityny
Premium
join:2005-08-09
New York, NY

You might want to get a router. It would plug into your modem. Your Mac and the PhonePower Grandstream would plug into the router. That way your Mac's connection speed will not be degraded by having the Grandstream in between.

I believe most of us use this configuration. I do.

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·PHONE POWER

Ditto...That is what a router is for, to do all the heavy lifting and increase security...Pull out a few bills and get one

»www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+8···=5507043
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20
reply to ltcjdc

The Grandstream has a the ability to limit bandwidth in both directions. The only issue being that by default it is set to wide open. Can you PM me your account information that way I can look into the issue?

ltcjdc

@comcast.net

I began a ticket with your support dept. on 7 March. It's PhonePower Support Request[#786412-6596#].