uniqs
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

iPad has to be at your home

The thing you may have missed is that you actually have to be IN YOUR HOME and receiving the video over the Road Runner network via WiFi IN YOUR HOME onto your iPad. It's sort of like a small wireless TV you can carry around. I can't imagine why the broadcasters would think this was a violation of the agreement. It's just another kind of TV for your home.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by MyDogHsFleas:

The thing you may have missed is that you actually have to be IN YOUR HOME and receiving the video over the Road Runner network via WiFi IN YOUR HOME onto your iPad. It's sort of like a small wireless TV you can carry around. I can't imagine why the broadcasters would think this was a violation of the agreement. It's just another kind of TV for your home.

I can and it pretty much proves several points I've tried to make over the years here. The networks in many cases dictate what the cable co can do with their programming or will at least try but the cable co always seems to get the blame..guilty or not guilty.

The networks have hidden behind the cable co cloak for a long time and when it comes to things like retrans agreements it's ooober easy for them to point the finger at xyz cable co and get you guys to buy into it.

Now you are finally gonna see the true side of these networks you didn't know about. Go gettem TWC...let them out themselves for what they are and then let the public pounce on the true culprits here. For once they might get a taste of their own medicine.
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned)

What an uninformed post. I suppose you also think that authors should not be able to control where their books are published, that musicians should not be able to say where their songs are played, and that playwrights should not be able to decide where their scripts are performed.

You cable TV apologists are all alike. THE CABLE COMPANY NEEDS TO GET PERMISSION TO DO THIS. Get it? You can't just wake up one morning and start stealing content FOR PROFIT.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by 56403739:

What an uninformed post. I suppose you also think that authors should not be able to control where their books are published, that musicians should not be able to say where their songs are played, and that playwrights should not be able to decide where their scripts are performed.

You cable TV apologists are all alike. THE CABLE COMPANY NEEDS TO GET PERMISSION TO DO THIS. Get it? You can't just wake up one morning and start stealing content FOR PROFIT.

Uninformed? LOL okay if you say so. Let me help you out a bit. If TWC thought for a second they were on shakey ground this wouldn't be happening right now. They have a very well paid legal department who I'm sure has already given the thumbs up on this otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Apparently you forgot to consider that before you let your fingers do the talking.