Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to FFH5

Re: No revolving door in this case

said by FFH5:

If Powell had left the FCC and then 6 weeks or 6 months later started lobbying the FCC then I'd agree it was a revolving door. But it has been 6 yrs.

I'll give you partial credit.

The headline led me to believe we were talking about a very short time.
As much as I really liked the RevDoor+Whiplash metaphor; it isn't a very good fit here.

Instead of a rapid intensification of Cabinet-Level corruption; it's more of the usual taint - that we've come to expect with every administration.

NV
--
Any Goal that is Driven by Animosity, is Empowered through Deceit.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
I believe there's some sort on requirement in his contract on minimum time after leaving Government regulatory role before he can offer his services as lobbyists for said industries. 6 years sounds about right.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by KrK:

I believe there's some sort on requirement in his contract on minimum time after leaving Government regulatory role before he can offer his services as lobbyists for said industries. 6 years sounds about right.

It is only a 1 yr prohibition on lobbying after leaving office:
»uspolitics.about.com/b/2007/10/1···t-it.htm
--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/1b3ef29fa84ff7ce

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by FFH5:

said by KrK:

It is only a 1 yr prohibition on lobbying after leaving office:
»uspolitics.about.com/b/2007/10/1···t-it.htm

We have 2yrs up in Canada, but even then the level of ex polticos lobbying the government isn't even remotely close to what you Americans see.
--
Jake: "Four fried chickens, and a coke" Elwood: "And some dry white toast, please"

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to FFH5
Wow. Government admits it's crooked.