how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan

this is going to get interesting

so you have hollywood and many isp's trying to kill netflix for different reasons. i can't imagine netflix surviving this in the end. everyone enjoy it while lasts. good things all must come to an end eventually

PacketExodus

join:2010-07-26

not necessarily

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to chances14

Netflix is already at the point they will survive no matter what. What will be interesting is to see politicians get involved with this issue here in the U.S. If it's anything like what happened in Canada, ISPs shouldn't count on simply winning and killing Netflix.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by morbo:

If it's anything like what happened in Canada, ISPs shouldn't count on simply winning and killing Netflix.

FWIW I'm happy about politicians making noise too. I'm just not convinced that they're going to carry this though. I'm hoping they will, but the only thing that's going to guarantee they keep it up, is pressure from the public.
--
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops when the music does.

annonymiss

@comcast.net
reply to chances14

Netflix won't survive because as they try and grow, costs are going to skyrocket.

And the stockmarket won't like Netflix losing profit while costs increase.

The movie companie's won't devalue what they already sell to HBO and broadcasters by letting netflix be a new middle guy that hardly pays them anything.

Racket

@usda.gov

Netflix's demise has been predicted since 1997. Every time they get hammered they respond...today they announced an original content deal for a highly coveted remake of House of Cards, outbidding HBO in the process. I would love to see them sell the TV rights to HBO, lol.