spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Canal Town
@qwest.net

Canal Town

Anon

Qwest Outage in Washington State 3/13/11 for 43hrs

Qwest DSL service on hood canal washington was down for 43hrs and during that time no ECD or explanation was available thru their Tech Support people. Once service was restored they called about 5 hrs later to notify us. How wide spread this was I don't know.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

Call in and ask. Did you call in your own repair if so should have a ticket number.

Was any card left at door? if not either lazy tech or like said an outage.

How spread what really is the difference? Are you on a remote DSLAM. If run over by a car, destroyed or just gone then may take awhile. Do you have phone and was that working?
nonymous

nonymous (banned) to Canal Town

to Canal Town
dup
rpk
join:2005-02-10
Vancouver, WA

1 recommendation

rpk to Canal Town

to Canal Town
I'm in southwest Washington and was A-OK at that time. Although my Qwest DSL has been absurdly slow as of late.
spoda
join:2002-03-27
Port Orchard, WA

spoda to Canal Town

to Canal Town
Do you use Qwest for your phone service? Was it working? I work for WSDOT and we had some slides and trees down on SR 101 that took down some lines.
HeavyHemi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-24

1 edit

HeavyHemi to Canal Town

Premium Member

to Canal Town
Well...I'm here in the SW WA area. Noticed my service was dog slow on the D/L side U/L is fine. By dog slow I mean ping over 300 and the speed at 0.04Mbps...modem speed folks. So I hop on their live chat line watch it load one line at a time...First off he's convinced it's my modem...but sync and S/N are okay plus U/L is normal...long story short...lets go to the chat log....

Tech James > OK here's the issue. Your circuit is on what we call a congested internodal trunk. All of the spare internodal trunks are exhibiting the same congestion problems and unfortunatly at this time we are unable to move your circuit to something with less congestion. Our network engineers are aware of the problem and are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunatly I don't have an estimate of when this will be resolved.
Me> Okay
Tech James > I am sorry I couldn't resolve this for you tonight.
ME > So are we talking days or less than that
Tech James > Weeks most likely.
ME> So you're telling me basically no internet for weeks?
Tech James > Unfortunatly that is the case.

The plot thickens...I call tech support and the story they give is they've moved everyone over to another circuit so they can upgrade the current DSLAM.

Can you believe that horse manure? I'm thinking 6 months free bare minimum and WTH is the issue with simply making a phone call saying we're basically cutting off your net for a couple of weeks...oops So sorry. Wish I had another option besides going back to Sat internet sigh....

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

It seems that the network engineers are (always) aware of the problem. I have heard that many times, but they never know when it'll be fixed.

notime
@xeriton.com

notime

Anon

For me the slowness started since sometime in the afternoon on 3/28. Everything becomes so slow that even google homepage takes forever to load. I was able to use their live chat with the poor internet speed and went through all the steps their tech support suggested without any luck. I am almost certain the problem is on Qwest end, but the tech support told me he was not aware of any "outage". Well, it's not complete "outage" but extremely slowness.

Today it seems a little bit faster but still way slower than it used to be (I have 7M/800K link).