join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Cad Man

Re: [Services] NOT HAPPY with the new DATA CAPS!!

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Cad Man :

Went to their new site www.myusage.att.com

Are they still in "beta" mode as far as accounting for this? Looks like their stats for me are considerably under what my router is saying.

My router says I used 101 GB for 01-28 Feb 2011, yet AT&T says that 09 Feb - 08 Mar was only 30 GB. When I click on "View detail" it shows usage only for the weeks starting 17 Feb and 24 Feb. Zero for the week of 16 Feb (yeah, I know, only one day before 17 Feb), and the previous weeks don't even appear.

For 09 Jan thru 08 Feb the usage is 47 GB under "Historical" but apparently there is no "View detail" option under historical. My router says usage for 01-31 Jan was something like 249 GB.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

At user=ArgMeMatey

Oh great so now I can trust the ATT site? I will have to check my router and see if there is an option to see usage.

Do all routers have such an option?

Mine is a Belkin WL router. about 4 years old
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

jasonkradiog

@96.18.114.x

AT&T is a company that was created in the stone ages. They are not innovative, and virtually NO one "likes" using them. People only use them in areas or situations where they suck less than whatever alternatives are provided. As soon as an alternative comes up, most people do away with AT&T as much as they can.

It was like that for long distance first, it was like that for home phones next, it was like that for cellphones, and now for Internet providers. AT&T has always liked limitations on their service. They'd like you to still be paying a quarter for each minute of long distance (we would still be doing that in 2011 if it wasn't for Sprint and their infamous "dime" promotion back in the 90s). They'd like you to still be paying monthly for a touch tone phone, or maybe even paying to rent a home phone from them (Yes, there are STILL, in 2011, some elderly people being charged monthly for phone rental!).

AT&T should've died a long time ago. They are a huge, outdated, uncaring corporation that has done NOTHING positive for their industry. Caps benefit NO one! Innovation and network upgrades are a much better way.

Chattanooga, TN has an electric company that invested a lot of money into creating an Internet network that would offer speeds of 1000 up and 1000 down. No caps or throttles. Compare that to AT&T's 6 down offering and ask yourself if caps or upgrades are better.

Please everyone cancel AT&T over this. If everyone drops AT&T for good, like so many have done with their home phone service, they'll have no more network bandwidth problems and the company can stop complaining about it.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

said by jasonkradiog :

A
Please everyone cancel AT&T over this. If everyone drops AT&T for good, like so many have done with their home phone service,

They did but they bought iPhones w/ATT and pay more more per month.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."