uniqs
share rss forum feed

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

Uh Oh

I wish you would have edited the article to make it more "Geek"-proof. With every Verizon article comes the 30 thread rant about Karlgate and his secret plan to rule the world through Verizon. (NOT Verizon Wireless!)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
said by jmn1207:

I wish you would have edited the article to make it more "Geek"-proof. With every Verizon article comes the 30 thread rant about Karlgate and his secret plan to rule the world through Verizon. (NOT Verizon Wireless!)

Huh?

I'm not seeing any of that here unless you count a several noobs posting about things they know nothing about (eg: the backbone twins....geesh are you guys serious or just kidding...hopefully kidding )

But now that you mention it... it was a bit uncalled for Karl to lump TWC with AT&T and we all know why he did it... BUT...what Karl failed to say in that sentence was that the TWC metered thingy was a limited test and it's over...done..finished...everything back to normal. AT&T on the other hand is not just testing...it will be everywhere and unless people leave them in droves it will become the norm for AT&T users.

If anyone else has called Karl on it GOOD! They should, because using the two together for this example was deliberate especially as it applies to Verizon. He knows that TWC and Verizon are bitter enemies and if he can possibly sway you the reader into buying his pet Verizon with with a cleverly written "article" implying... "Hey look...that evil TWC is doing the same thing as AT&T but Verizon isn't" he will most certainly do it.....in fact he just did.

Apparently others noticed as well....nice catch!
--
"I can’t give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
~ Herbert Bayard Swope