how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OneEye

join:2006-04-15
Peachtree City, GA

CAPS

Are there any honest Senators or Representatives in Congress that will deny the lobbyist money and help citizens get a fair deal from DSL providers?

How about removing all restrictions on competing DSL providers stringing fiber wherever they wish and allowing users to vote with their wallets.

Remove all monopolistic protections.

kontos
xyzzy

join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

said by OneEye:

How about removing all restrictions on competing DSL providers stringing fiber wherever they wish and allowing users to vote with their wallets.

That was the Communications Act of 1996. You can go start your own phone or cable company today. You still have to go get permits and such to do the build-out, bot so do the big boys. You need a bunch of $$$$ too, that will be the harder part.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to OneEye

said by OneEye:

any honest Senators or Representatives in Congress

Thanks for the laugh.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to OneEye

said by OneEye:

How about removing all restrictions on competing providers stringing fiber wherever they wish and allowing users to vote with their wallets.

I've been saying that for a long time too. It pisses me off when I see another stupid lawsuit from a large company who is just trying to drain the new projects funding before it even gets started.

Many say regulate how the ISP's sell their product, but I say that the regulations should block lawsuits and make it easier for new competitors to bring their service to market. Stop giving the big companies any federal funding and spend it on promoting competition instead.