Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
·AT&T FTTP

2 recommendations

fatmanskinny

Premium Member

Karl, did you check under your shoes?

I smell shit in this story. Verizon: No PLANS to Meter Usage. Of course they don't have any PLANS to do it. However, Comcast is doing it, AT&T is doing it. Verizon is not going to stand by and not get more $$$.

Verizon is lulling people to sleep and then they will begin their cap nightmare. "Get your services through Verizon. We don't cap because it is not in our PLANS."

A year later: Due to the overwhelming demand for our products, we have to implement caps. Right, it's not in the PLAN.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Re: Karl, did you check under your shoes?

said by fatmanskinny:

I smell shit in this story. Verizon: No PLANS to Meter Usage. Of course they don't have any PLANS to do it. However, Comcast is doing it, AT&T is doing it. Verizon is not going to stand by and not get more $$$.

Verizon is lulling people to sleep and then they will begin their cap nightmare. "Get your services through Verizon. We don't cap because it is not in our PLANS."

A year later: Due to the overwhelming demand for our products, we have to implement caps. Right, it's not in the PLAN.

LOL!! You know Verizon well....sooo predictable they are

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 recommendation

djrobx to fatmanskinny

Premium Member

to fatmanskinny
said by fatmanskinny:

Correct. Each major ISP needs to wait a year or two before taking their turn at having their way with us. Otherwise they'd be guilty of gang rape collusion.
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

1 recommendation

Kamus

Re: Karl, did you check under your shoes?

Well, it's too bad consumers are going to have to pay the price of their little "experiment", but it does look like it's going to happen very, very soon.

One needs to look no further than the corporate shills in various websites (including this one) warning that "UBB IS comming" before anyone even jumped on the UBB bandwagon.

I don't think they like how their way of doing business is facing extinction.

However, prices for FTTH are ever dropping, and as expensive as it is to deploy it, the US is not the most wealthy country in the world for nothing.
Eventually, someone would take advantage of the situation and start rolling out a competitive internet service that isn't crippled.
But until that day, consumers get exploited like they haven't been since the good old POTS days.

Technology advances have been almost the only reason all those money grabs stopped being possible in the first place, and progress isn't stopping there, it's taking no prisoners.

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
·AT&T FTTP

1 recommendation

fatmanskinny to djrobx

Premium Member

to djrobx
said by djrobx:

said by fatmanskinny:

Correct. Each major ISP needs to wait a year or two before taking their turn at having their way with us. Otherwise they'd be guilty of gang rape collusion.

ROFLMAO. I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

2 recommendations

norbert26 to fatmanskinny

Premium Member

to fatmanskinny
TH ATS RIGHT. right now they re very busy RAMMING fiber into American homes along with their TV service and nice plush box rental fees and other fees. They dont want to derail this effort. Lets get fiber into most homes and get those homes off the copper line. Since competing carriers are not allowed on fiber once we get a home OFF the copper we will not reconnect it to copper and squash that competition . Then we can lower the boom here's our caps spread them and enjoy. And this WILL spread to all carriers the share holders will LOVE it !!!! and the sad part is most people will do NOTHING but just take it.
said by fatmanskinny: