All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSLextreme is outsourced!

Dslextreme recently let go of its Californai employees and it outsourcing its support.

america1

@rr.com

don't support this un-american company who outsources jobs to other countries

they use to have a message on their website that said 100% based US support, thats no longer on the website

expect to have the same support as if you were calling Dell computers for support

FuckDSLE

@verizon.net
reply to mad customer

Actually DSL extreme outsourced their California office and Utah office.

Expand your moderator at work

Irrate

@dslextreme.com
reply to FuckDSLE

Re: DSLextreme is outsourced!

Employees had no warning what so ever!
In 15 min they let everyone go!
Both locations, Utah and California were let go!

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to america1

said by america1 :

don't support this un-american company who outsources jobs to other countries

they use to have a message on their website that said 100% based US support, thats no longer on the website

expect to have the same support as if you were calling Dell computers for support

Not to sound cruel to American employees, but how's that different than the other major name brand ISPs that offer competing service? It sucks to see other California locals losing their jobs, but for the selection of ISPs in my area (AT&T - lol, hell no; Time Warner) are all equally low in the tech support quality department.

Long story short, due to a lack of competition, we're forced to pick from the bottom of the crap barrel for ISPs. All of them now feature Foamy Tech Support.

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
reply to Irrate

said by Irrate :

Employees had no warning what so ever!
In 15 min they let everyone go!
Both locations, Utah and California were let go!

How many people got fired ?

Found this dvanced Notice of a Mass Layoff

Some companies are required to give employees advanced notice of a mass layoff in order for terminated employees to search for other jobs and financially prepare themselves. The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) requires that if an employer with at least 100 employees is shutting down or laying off at least 50 employees, they must give terminated employees 60 days of advanced notice. This also applies to companies terminating 500 or more employees — regardless of company size.

»www.lifestylermag.com/career/kno···laid-off

Trying to understand if what you're saying true or not in terms of no warning.

anonname

@dslextreme.com
reply to mad customer

This sucks big time. First the T-mobile news and now this.

One reason going with DSL Extreme was to support a local business. I've been a customer since 2002.

What's the point now. DSL Extreme pricing sucks big time and service isn't what it used to be; I would hate to fill the pockets of the wrong people behind the company.

Time to look into AT&T or cable..

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by anonname :

Time to look into AT&T or cable..

AT&T? Enjoy your capped and overpriced internet experience.

Disappointed

@verizon.net

Is this the reason there customer service went to crap??? I have had a couple of problems in the past 30 days, the most recent this weekend. First level could not resolve and I was told to it was advanced to level 2 and they would call me. 4 days later and still no call. Called again and was on hold for more than 2 hours until the line went dead. Always a follow up phone call and e-mails...still nothing. I don't believe that there is even 2nd tier service employees.The service in the past was EXCELLENT and I shared that with anyone that need new service. This was the last straw...I am shopping a new provider.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA
reply to anonname

said by anonname :

This sucks big time. First the T-mobile news and now this.

One reason going with DSL Extreme was to support a local business. I've been a customer since 2002.

It shows you that loyalty means nothing. Just as your email was outsourced to Google, so is your ISP tech support outsourced to the 3rd world.

I wonder if 'the digital doctor' Jeff Levy's commercial will still show that 'DSL Extreme's tech support is right here in southern California'.
--
Canada = Hollywood North

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by en102:

It shows you that loyalty means nothing. Just as your email was outsourced to Google, so is your ISP tech support outsourced to the 3rd world.

Actually, coming from a lot of providers/services that struggle to offer decent email service, I'm glad to have outsourced Gmail services. I mean, my community college saved money outsourcing their student services to Google and the uptime couldn't be better. Meanwhile, we have family med school students who have in-house email offerings with barebone functionality and questionable uptime.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

Outsourcing their own mail service, that was working very well, when I signed for the DLSE service, to Google, was one of the reasons why I run my own local SMTP server now. It was first big disappointment with DSLE.

I don't want Google to peruse my correspondence. Combining it with collecting (and keeping) all my search requests and data from other services, that I use from them, it's too much for a company making money from advertisement business

And now I start experiencing that deteriorating tech support too. It makes my thinking... What is left from the formerly good ISP company and what should I do about it
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by OZO:

Outsourcing their own mail service, that was working very well, when I signed for the DLSE service, to Google, was one of the reasons why I run my own local SMTP server now.

I can't say I was impressed with the service, nor did I miss it - but to each their own.
said by OZO:

I don't want Google to peruse my correspondence. Combining it with collecting (and keeping) all my search requests and data from other services, that I use from them, it's too much for a company making money from advertisement business

I never understand the hooplah about targeted advertising. Instead of seeing random ads with varying interests, you might see something that's up your alley. The advertising persists regardless of data collection, and nobody's forcing anyone to buy things, so...big whoop?
said by OZO:

And now I start experiencing that deteriorating tech support too. It makes my thinking... What is left from the formerly good ISP company and what should I do about it

They still offer good internet service in my area. Yeah, the tech support might have a different dialect, but the service quality is high enough to make this a very small issue.

outsourced

@comcast.net
reply to Disappointed

Yes that is exactly why the customer service went to crap. They haven't even been able to figure out how to get all of the calls over to the Phillipines yet. That is why alot of folks are having problems with the phone just hanging up on them after waiting 20 minutes or more. Then once you do reach the Phillipines the tech support agents are not trained at all on the tools or product which is why if a powercycle of the modem does not work they will just open a ticket and tell you someone else will call you back. Good luck with them calling you back. I wish it wasn't this way but when you get a CEO who doesn't connect with the people taking care of the customer's you can't expect a whole lot.

Outsourced

@comcast.net
reply to OZO

Yes they have outsourced everything now. Not just your email service. The tech support and billing as well are all done in the Phillipines. This is a much worse issue than outsourcing the email to google was.

Outsourced

@comcast.net
reply to silentlooker

There was really no prior warning or notification. They let go of at least 52 total employees. The question is if the people let go are at two sites... ie: Utah and California would that still apply and qualify under WARN?

Thanks

silentlooker
Premium

said by Outsourced :

There was really no prior warning or notification. They let go of at least 52 total employees. The question is if the people let go are at two sites... ie: Utah and California would that still apply and qualify under WARN?

Thanks

Sounds like time to call a lawyer in your state and find out. If it does apply you have a good claim against the company. Good luck.

outsourced

join:2011-03-24

Thanks.... We are checking into that. In California no brainer they have worker rights. In Utah no worker right's really. But supposedly this is a federal issue that is dealt with.

greycloud7

join:2001-07-18
Oakland, CA
reply to mad customer

Well, that will be it for my business once my current contract expires. A small(er) company that employs Californians is what appealed to me about DSLX. Very disappointing.
Adios, DSLextreme.

silentlooker
Premium
reply to mad customer

At least live chat people are honest. Went in to chat and asked if if i was talking to Philippines and the person said Yes.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

+1 props for that. I can understand the drive to outsourcing, but having someone with a clearly overseas audio signal tell me that they're from Texas, or off in Flordia, is just dumb.

OldSupport

@ispnetbilling.com
reply to mad customer

here is the thing with changing the email go google we still did all the support for the gmail interface and pop settings (where normally there was non) and the system was far more stable then our old email server that was dieing on us the email was not outsourced it was a accusal partnership with google so was working out very well.
just figured i would give a heads up on that lol and sorry for the new tech support it makes those of us who where doing it very sad for the customers.

silentlooker
Premium

said by OldSupport :

here is the thing with changing the email go google we still did all the support for the gmail interface and pop settings (where normally there was non) and the system was far more stable then our old email server that was dieing on us the email was not outsourced it was a accusal partnership with google so was working out very well.
just figured i would give a heads up on that lol and sorry for the new tech support it makes those of us who where doing it very sad for the customers.

In your professional opinion, how much worse will their tech support become being now they are mostly located in Philippines?

silentlooker
Premium
reply to mad customer

From seeing all new reviews and other post on this forum looks like they will have hell of time getting back to quality that they been known for.

silentlooker
Premium
reply to Thaler

said by Thaler:

+1 props for that. I can understand the drive to outsourcing, but having someone with a clearly overseas audio signal tell me that they're from Texas, or off in Flordia, is just dumb.

You know they were hopping you would not notice the accent or the overseas audio because such thing happens in USA all the time

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

Oh, I notice it, and I just deal - I've got patience. Pretending that Texas and/or Florida (why do they pick those states?) is just chock full of overseas audio & accents is just an insult to customer intelligence though.

Maybe if they threw in a real Texan or something to break up the monotony once in a while, I might believe them.

TwighlightLA
Premium
join:2010-07-03
kudos:1
reply to silentlooker

Is DSL Extreme your provider, silentlooker?