spc
Search similar:

uniqs

UnhappyPDX
@170.2.52.x

UnhappyPDX

Anon

Prepaid broadband2go getting less and less reliable

I'm doing the $10 for 10 days/100 MB thing (only use it out and about to check email and such), and lately it's a complete crapshoot whether I'm going to be able to get on the internet with this thing. It's REALLY getting tiresome. I have both time and bandwidth left. I haven't been able to check my email today for the last hour and a half.
I suppose I should go on Twitter or Facebood and bitch about it, maybe they'll fix things then. I'm in Portland Oregon BTW.
Justin Time5
join:2010-08-31

Justin Time5

I've had the service since last August and kept the legacy $40@mo. UL service. The service has been pretty good (I'm in New England) until the last few days but deteriorated to the point that it will not connect to the net now. Everything looks good, 4 bars reception and I've done all the resets and configs but nothing.....except the VM account page loads fast and is responsive with real time data coming online.

Is there a consensus on the best venue for a gripe-age campaign, twitter, FB or whatever, where is it likely to get the most notice because I'm in????

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

2 edits

dib22 to UnhappyPDX

to UnhappyPDX
said by UnhappyPDX :

I'm doing the $10 for 10 days/100 MB thing (only use it out and about to check email and such), and lately it's a complete crapshoot whether I'm going to be able to get on the internet with this thing. It's REALLY getting tiresome. I have both time and bandwidth left. I haven't been able to check my email today for the last hour and a half.
I suppose I should go on Twitter or Facebood and bitch about it, maybe they'll fix things then. I'm in Portland Oregon BTW.

Call and complain they might give you some free time.

This seems to have been going on for a week now (randomly) if the twitter and facebook posts and posts here follow through.

I had not had any issues... until tonight. I connected and could not browse (other than VM Account page). I disconnected, re-programed the modem and re-connected and could browse again.

If you look at the VMcare facebook replies you will see once again that even when they KNOW there is an issue they seem to have no way to get sprint to fix it (for days at a time). Come on sprint... quit treating VM like the stepchild that killed your dog

edit: my plan is $40-5gig-then-throttle and is currently at around 3gigs.
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno to UnhappyPDX

to UnhappyPDX
I'm the OP, for some reason that day dslreports didn't log me in with my username (probably because I had another tab with the same site open).

I'll try getting VM to give me some free time--I signed up for more time this morning and found a third option on the page for 500 MB for 20 bucks and you have a whole month to use them, so I went for that and saved myself some money for now.
codekrash
join:2010-05-21

codekrash

do you refer to »www.facebook.com/#!/Virg ··· obileUSA

?

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude to UnhappyPDX

to UnhappyPDX
Tired of banging my head on wall. Went back to millenicom. Hope I don't hit that 50gb cap. Never went over 14 gigs, I hope virgin gets whats coming to them. They fooled everyone including myself. They sold all those modems with the promise of unlimited internet then 5gb cap. Look at this forum virgin. Most users can't use 5gb with your new cap software. Worst thing is I thought about getting Optimus v phones for my family (currently 5 phones on ATT) bad taste from BB2GO don't think So.
codekrash

codekrash

They are doing they best they can. You may refer to: »i.imgur.com/rXeL2.png

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to dondude

to dondude
the OPTIMUS V is going thru the SAME EXACT issues that Broaband2Go went thru when it was launched.

lousy browsing, dropped 3G, outages.

History repeats itself.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

dib22

said by compuguybna:

the OPTIMUS V is going thru the SAME EXACT issues that Broaband2Go went thru when it was launched.

History repeats itself.

I'm still not having many issues, but, I did notice that once I went past the 5gig mark my connection that would stay up for days at a time with no issues started loosing itself about once every hour and a half.

My guess is they can't manage to throttle everyone properly. It makes one wonder if they could take the money they are throwing at their throttling devices and put that towards back-haul lines... to eliminate the entire reason to throttle in the first place.

Edit: must have been a bad area, or they fixed - it hasn't disconnected for several hours... and remains in the 200-225k range of speeds.

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude

Back on Millenicom. Just proves once again, you get what you pay for.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by dondude:

Back on Millenicom. Just proves once again, you get what you pay for.

Not when it comes to CellCOUSA... good to see you have a nice connection however!
codekrash

codekrash to dib22

to dib22
said by dib22:

said by compuguybna:

History repeats itself.

It makes one wonder if they could take the money they are throwing at their throttling devices and put that towards back-haul lines... to eliminate the entire reason to throttle in the first place.

because that would make too much sense
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno to UnhappyPDX

to UnhappyPDX
Something seems to have changed today--I'm getting connected much more reliably than just a couple of days ago. Maybe because I complained on Twitter?