Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Received "urgent notice" in browser

Anyone else receive any of these? It loaded up on any webpage until you acknowledged it, but you can apparently disable them in your account manager as well.

In my case, it was maintenance between the 22nd and 24th this month that could result in slow speeds.

liviorn
join:2009-06-21
Rio Rancho, NM

liviorn

I've got same message here

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Maybe they're trying to fix the bandwidth crunch for the guys around Sioux city? That'd be one of my guesses since this appears to be sort of a national update.. or it might be related to D3.

t0ny7
@cableone.net

t0ny7 to Pashune

Anon

to Pashune
Here is the notice.

»help.cableone.net/Alert/ ··· nce.aspx

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

areoh to Pashune

to Pashune
"Cable One knows that many of our customers pay close attention to traffic routing as part of the online gaming experience. We considered this and other factors during the design process. Your feedback is important to us. If you have comments, please..."

Frankly, I'm pleased that that "online gaming" is even mentioned! However, I have not received a browser alert. I am opted in to receive them, but no go... I'm wondering if my browser/security software prevented the alert. Sioux City folks, did you receive this message?
Dav3yDark0
join:2011-01-24
Sioux City, IA

Dav3yDark0

I'm in SUX and haven't seen the message on any of my computer's browsers.

Dave

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

1 edit

Pashune

Premium Member

Just thought I'd report in if anyone's curious; had a bunch of outages and one that lasted about an hour. Download speeds have been varying a bit but the connection is pretty stable now.

air4rce
@cableone.net

air4rce

Anon

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
the last 2 nights in sioux city have been real bad
air4rce

air4rce

Anon

No message or notice here
air4rce

air4rce

Anon

Click for full size
Click for full size
yeah, something is definitely going on in sioux city tonight, i just ran these tests at 9pm tonight.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

After 12 am or so the sporadic outages started again. After they ended I tested latency and some tracerts; routing seems to be more efficient and faster on my side.

I'd post some results but my girlfriend loves to use livestream webcaster and as we all know, utilizing your upstream bandwidth likes to give you a high ping... so I'll post some results later.