All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

used
@sbcglobal.net

used to NormanS

Anon

to NormanS

Re: AT&T usage meter -- is yours as wildly inaccurate as mine?

Click for full size
WTF is this? 80 gigs in 6 days?!?
»/r0/do ··· sage.PNG

My utorrent usage says 42.3gb for 31 days and the wife's says 24.some. The only other thing we use besides regular old internet is PS3 online games and all it's associated updates. I can be a really heavy user at times, but I haven't been for a few months.

So, is there any kind of software that can monitor a router's usage? I have the old Speedstream 4100, and all internet goes through a crappy D-Link EBR-2310. Unfortunately neither of these record usage.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium Member
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

wings10

Premium Member

They could have updated and lumped in your data for the month so far. The site is still bringing people up to speed. Did you click on details and see what that says? And click on History to see the previous month usage?
gvd
join:2011-01-03
Skokie, IL

1 edit

gvd to used

to used
said by used :

So, is there any kind of software that can monitor a router's usage? I have the old Speedstream 4100, and all internet goes through a crappy D-Link EBR-2310. Unfortunately neither of these record usage.

You could run MRTG; that's the good old standard way of measuring bandwidth. It takes a bit to set up, though. (Need to know the snmp read property.)

Or Cacti (»www.cacti.net/), that's more user friendly.

used
@sbcglobal.net

used

Anon

@gvd

Thanks, I'll check these out.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to used

to used
Get a router that can do DD-WRT. Load up DD-WRT and you'll have a fact-check against AT&T's usage meter.