how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jrey

join:2010-11-08
Arlington, TX

[Unlock] Unlocking Vonage VDV22-VD after Admin's password

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the new adapter VDV22-VD? I have managed to obtain the Admin's password but have no idea what to do next to unlock it. The console structure seems to be different from VDV21.

Anybody has any good suggestion?

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Getting the admin password usually means the adapter is unlocked.
Can you login to the web interface and do you have Advance setup->Voice?

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
said by Dan_voip:

Getting the admin password usually means the adapter is unlocked.

IIRC, there is a difference between admin (for router) and Admin (for voice module).
--
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men, but not when used together.

jrey

join:2010-11-08
Arlington, TX
reply to Dan_voip
Yes, I got the Admin password and got the voice module BUT
I cannot edit the hash directory (it's sticky), cannot change anything, not even the Admin's password. I have no idea how to activate the 2nd line.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know. At least, I can try. Thanks.

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
said by jrey:

Yes, I got the Admin password and got the voice module BUT I cannot edit the hash directory (it's sticky), cannot change anything, not even the Admin's password. I have no idea how to activate the 2nd line.

I am just curious how did you come about the Admin password?
--
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men, but not when used together.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to jrey
I just got a VDV22 in my hands this weekend and all I can tell you is that everything I know from VDV21 works on VDV22. In fact, the VDV22's PCB is an updated version of the VDV21, with places to install the blue LEDs of the VDV22 as well as the LCD screen and the buttons found on the VDV21. Also the firmware used by the VDV22 is the same as the VDV21 (if you have a serial console and watch the messages from the bootloader you will see the firmware filename)
--
»www.voipfan.net