ajwees41

Premium Member

SBG6580 WEP

How do you set the security for wep?
Jasonfn22
join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA

Jasonfn22

Take my advice and I have a SB6120 but wanted to do away with a few cables and the router so I bought this wireless gateway and configured it every way possible.This is a true story I drove 20 miles to get it worked with it about 1 1/2 hrs and drove 20 miles to take it back.I seen all the reviews on best buy but 50% of the time people rant because they know nothing about the product so they assume its the product.Well this modem is for the lack of a better word junk and if you can return it then do so because the SB6120 with a router out performs it by at least 10 to 20%.Anytime and I knew this but had my hopes up with Motorola but anytime you cram 2 or 3 things into aka all in one they never perform.I am not sure it has WEP as an option and its not as secure anyway WPA is more secure but not compatible with some older stuff but anytime you can get by without using WEP is recommended and this is not my opinion its a fact.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

I bought it for the 8 channel bonding. it looks like the firmware upgrade from cox killed wep it's greyed out.