uniqs

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

US Cellular & other carriers

What does this mean for US Cellular, Cricket and others?
This DOES NOT sound good at all for customers!
How long before there gone?
tom thomas
join:2010-11-04

tom thomas

said by IowaMan:

What does this mean for US Cellular, Cricket and others?
This DOES NOT sound good at all for customers!
How long before there gone?

my guess is that within the next few weeks we read that sprint is buying US cellular, metroPCS and/or Cricket. possibly all three.

cricket and metro would than be merged into boost.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

If Sprint gets US Cellular then I go to Verizon
Sprint has terrible coverage where I'm at.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by IowaMan:

Sprint has terrible coverage where I'm at.

Unless Sprint acquires US Cellular
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to IowaMan

to IowaMan
As a US Cellular subscriber, considering they run the same CDMA network, I could see Verizon a more likely buyer. I've always figured that was coming.

It seems every time one of these bigger players buys someone, the other has to respond to try and get their customer base back to #1. US Cellular would be the Alltel pawn for Verizon in that game.
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow to openbox9

to openbox9
I long ago gave up on pointing that out. I know several people who left Alltel here for Verizon because "AT&T has terrible coverage" - LOL. The reason AT&T bought Alltel here was to bring us coverage (AT&T actually had no native coverage) and they invested quite a bit into expanding and improving the already far better than Verizon network. But the people left before even giving it a chance, based on their biases...

S_engineer
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

S_engineer

Premium Member

But those biases were well founded. T will never catch up by buying other vendors to the over-subscription model they employ!
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow

You're saying it was well founded for them to leave a carrier with great coverage because a carrier with no coverage whatsoever here bought them? Because that carrier has bad coverage here? It was silly.