trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky to RWild

Premium Member

to RWild

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

Cool, thanks. I'm going to have a lot of questions to ask the person who's going to be installing it for me tomorrow morning.

I want to know all the details on all of the features this router is going to have in it.

RWild
Them Or Us
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Cary, NC

RWild

Premium Member

said by trparky:

Cool, thanks. I'm going to have a lot of questions to ask the person who's going to be installing it for me tomorrow morning.

I want to know all the details on all of the features this router is going to have in it.

Good luck with that! The installer (a TW contractor) that showed up here was up front about the fact that he had never seen the Ubee modem before and didn't know that 30/5 was even available here.

I'll spare you the details but ultimately, a Tier 3 guy set bridge mode remotely.

BTW, I think the installer did a good job making sure things were working before he left. After all, TW threw him in at the deep end of the pool and he did what was necessary to leave working installation,.
BobHelms
Premium Member
join:2008-06-22
Cary, NC

BobHelms

Premium Member

Hi RWild;
I'm migrating to TW-RR from AT&T. Can you point me to a good resource that provides info on how to switch over existing routers to a cable modem. Also need advise on buying / renting cable modems. TIA for any help you can provide.
Bob Helms

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

1 recommendation

CptGemini

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by BobHelms:

Hi RWild;
I'm migrating to TW-RR from AT&T. Can you point me to a good resource that provides info on how to switch over existing routers to a cable modem. Also need advise on buying / renting cable modems. TIA for any help you can provide.
Bob Helms

by default out of the box it should be: »192.168.0.1/TlModeChange.asp

If that doesnt work then it will be:
»192.168.100.1/TlModeChange.asp

This info is for this particular UBEE only though, idk if it will work on anything else.

RWild
Them Or Us
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Cary, NC

RWild to BobHelms

Premium Member

to BobHelms
Pretty much everything you need is posted in this thread for the Ubee and is a good guide as to what to do with other brands.

From this thread, it appears that TW is not currently supporting modem that you buy yourself.

As far as the Ubee, out of the box it is at 192.168.0.1 and will switch to 192.168.100.1 when set to bridge mode. I believe that the first time you log on using user/user you can get to the TModeChange page. In not, you will need the "special" ID and almost correct password posted in this thread to get there.

On the other hand, the installer may know how to do this after a week or so of being left to his own devices.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

That is correct. When the tech asked to see something on the modem he was suprised to see I knew the login and where to go so he didnt have do anything lol it was funny.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by CptGemini:

That is correct. When the tech asked to see something on the modem he was suprised to see I knew the login and where to go so he didnt have do anything lol it was funny.

hey can you post a snap shot of your signals?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

1 edit

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by motorola870:

said by CptGemini:

hey can you post a snap shot of your signals?

They were somewhat better yesterday. And for some reason when I was first hooked up with this new thing it was in docsis 3 mode but now it isnt, idk why it isnt anymore lol.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

so did you have four downstreams?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

no as you can see i only have one but its 20 megs. even for that moment it was in D3 mode there was no channel bonding but i could tell it was way faster for that moment lol
CptGemini

CptGemini

Premium Member

Click for full size
Also want to add a pic of the modem so you can see it not in channel bonding just in case you want to see that.

The modem on the left is for the digital phone and since they dont have any D3 MTAs as some techs call them I had to have 2 modems for now.

The middle 2 lights out of the 4 in a row on the UBEE are the upstream/downstream ones.

Dan_30mb
@rr.com

Dan_30mb

Anon

I actually like the modem...but the one thing which bothers the heck out of me, is that my wireless SSID is broadcasting. I know it's not a huge security catch, but I'd rather not have it broadcasting.

I cannot find how to disable broadcast on the DDW3361. I'm guessing it's in one of the hidden areas that no one seems to know how to get into.

Any ideas?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

So you just want to hide the SSID so you can still use the wifi on it or just not use it at all? If you dont want to use it all then follow my screenshot.

dan_30mb
@rr.com

dan_30mb

Anon

I just want to hide the SSID....

I see this in the manuals of other UBEE wireless gear, but not in this one. I'm guessing it's hidden in the same area as setting up 4 different wireless networks (like the product page says)
Lenard
join:2006-01-12
Raleigh, NC

Lenard

Wireless Primary Network -- Closed Network = enable
dipsomaniac1
join:2002-01-01
Chapel Hill, NC

dipsomaniac1 to RWild

to RWild
said by RWild:

Good luck with that! The installer (a TW contractor) that showed up here was up front about the fact that he had never seen the Ubee modem before and didn't know that 30/5 was even available here.

I'll spare you the details but ultimately, a Tier 3 guy set bridge mode remotely.

BTW, I think the installer did a good job making sure things were working before he left. After all, TW threw him in at the deep end of the pool and he did what was necessary to leave working installation,.

That's funny. I just got set up today and the exact same thing happened with my installer. I even told him they'd thrown him into the deep end!