spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jugulator

join:2011-03-21

2Wire 2701HGV-B ver 5.29.137.2 Bridge Mode?

Can this unit be bridged?

I have Google searched , searched here, read the answers, and have found nothing.

This software version does not have any of the needed options available on any of the management pages.

mdc Broadband Link Configure page shows only "DSL Line Selection" option, etc.

This unit is being used with AT&T Business Uverse (rebadged DSL)

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by jugulator:

Can this unit be bridged?

The 2701HGV-B cannot be bridged
The internet connection type used by uverse internet requires a unique type of authentication only the 2701HGV-B and the 2210-02-1att modems will work with this type of uverse internet

Are you certain that the software version is 5.29.137.2
Can you post a picture of the 2wire page that has the software version displayed

OFBulldog

join:2009-12-15
Phoenix, AZ

5.29.137.2 would be the latest release for the type of connection called IPDSLAM. This supplanted 5.29.135.28.

jugulator

reply to wayjac

Click for full size
summary
summary page:

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

Thanks for posting the picture

jugulator

Click for full size
fw settings

jugulator

Ok, so the 2Wire 2701HGV-B ver 5.29.137.2 CAN NOT be bridged.

What about this then?

172.16.0.1: INF 2011-03-22T04:38:01-07:00 fw,fwmon: src=194.30.232.180 dst=76.217.152.88 ipprot=6 sport=0 dport=22 Unknown inbound session stopped in 22-Mar 4:38:1.41 from 172.16.0.1

The only "computer" hooked to the 2wire is a linksys router - 2wire firewall has it in DMZPlus mode and 2wire fw settings are as seen in the image in the previous post.

I WANT to pass ALL traffic to the linksys - including unsolicited "attacks", probes, etc to be logged by the linksys log monitor, and to be able to analyze and inspect unsolicited incoming traffic on occasion.

Why can't I seem to configure the 2wire to actually pass all traffic through the way the DMZPlus mode and current firewall settings indicate it should be doing?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

said by jugulator:

I WANT to pass ALL traffic to the linksys - including unsolicited "attacks", probes, etc to be logged by the linksys log monitor, and to be able to analyze and inspect unsolicited incoming traffic on occasion

You just can't do that with uverse internet
said by jugulator:

Why can't I seem to configure the 2wire to actually pass all traffic through the way the DMZPlus mode and current firewall settings indicate it should be doing?

If you know what unsolicited incoming traffic you want passed to the linksys the 2wire can be configured to do that

jugulator

>You just can't do that with uverse internet

Figures.

>If you know what unsolicited incoming traffic you want passed to >the linksys the 2wire can be configured to do that

Punching holes through the 2wire firewall for specific ports and protocols one at at time..... ok for running a server or for specific apps but useless as a bridging workaround.

Oh well, thanks for all the help wayjac - I can put the bridging/passthrough issue to rest now and quit trying to make it happen.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy
reply to jugulator

said by jugulator:

I WANT to pass ALL traffic to the linksys - including unsolicited "attacks", probes, etc to be logged by the linksys log monitor, and to be able to analyze and inspect unsolicited incoming traffic on occasion

Have you checked out the 2wire syslog page
said by jugulator:

Punching holes through the 2wire firewall for specific ports and protocols one at at time

Don't you do this for the linksys

actsys

join:2011-05-29
Norwalk, CA

Hi WayJac,
I also have 2wire 2701HGV-B, noticed that if you configure "Allow individual application", the device (PC, or router) hosting applications/servers won't be able to browse Internet. hosted apps work fine, but can't do Internet browsing. is there a way to make IE work in this case?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

That is a odd problem and I don't know a solution for it

actsys

join:2011-05-29
Norwalk, CA

thanks for your reply.
we just moved office location which At&t give us IP Uverse with 2701HGV-B, we ordered 5 IP addresses 99.124.162.209-213 with GW 99.124.162.214. we need one for internal LAN Sonicwall router, and one for Exchange server box. spending hours with At&t tier2 Uverse support, still can't get it to work. tried "subrouted public IP block", but can't see our public IP's, and set MX record for the right IP. Local Sonicwall router has trouble too.
what is the right cofiguration I should do on the 2Wire? I'm not familiar with Uverse & 2701HGV-B.

Expand your moderator at work