spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

paty2k

@rylinkservices.net

[Prism TV] Channel freezing

Just found WE TV last night and every 6-7 seconds it freezes. If you change channels and return it comes back on for another 6-7 seconds and then freezes. Is anyone else having this problem. My channel is 372??

userosx

@centurytel.net

If the issue is just happening on that one channel, it is a problem that is outside of your home network (not an "inside" or house problem). You can either call in a repair ticket or just wait until Centurylink fixes it.

paty2k

@rylinkservices.net

Thanks - will give them a call.

paty2k

@rylinkservices.net
reply to paty2k

Well, good idea, but no good results Was on the phone with the technician over an hour as he tried different things from his end and rebooting. Finally said after conferencing with several departments I would have to wait until the full maintenance reboot after midnight for the fix. Well, tried this am and no change. Was able to check the new TV channel lineup against the one we had last week and 3 out of the 5 new channels are freezing the same way...

paty2k

@rylinkservices.net
reply to userosx

Well, good idea, but no good results. Was on the phone with the technician over an hour as he tried different things from his end and rebooting. Finally said after conferencing with several departments I would have to wait until the full maintenance reboot after midnight for the fix. Well, tried this am and no change. Was able to check the new TV channel lineup against the one we had last week and 3 out of the 5 new channels are freezing the same way...

paty2k

@rylinkservices.net

FYI - had an excellent technician that got the job done. He even called me on 2 occasions as a followup - Great job!!

rod4life

join:2011-05-29
Port Charlotte, FL

what did your tech do to fix the channel freezing? I've had techs out atleast 10 times to my house to fix this problem (within 2 months)... I even had a supervisor come out and redo the install... the centurylink personnel has personally seen the terrible picture quality and freezing and never have any answers... I'm kinda tired of calling centurylink and having their techs coming to my house without any answers,,, esp. since either my girlfriend or myself must take the day off to allow them on my property; esp. since I've had a theft issue with their contracted personnel. (which my girlfriend has informed centurylink that if they send out anyone but an employee of centurylink they will see the end of one of our pistols or shotguns)... dont get me wrong the picture is a lot better than comcast,, but not even halfway as good as dish network. I would love to keep centurylink due to how I've been pretty happy with the internet but now that I have the tv I'm very dissapointed... Worse of all I'm only a couple of blocks away from their main dist. box. Oh yeah and I have terrible pixelation problems... Thanks in advance