uniqs

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

Could you...

maybe post a few examples of the quality of writing / depth / etc you're looking for...would like to be able to see what we're looking at here.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

We'll take any length as long as it's good. Subjects could be all over the map. Spent a life in first-tier support and want to talk about it? Want to compare a bunch of Internet video options? Want to compare three different third party router firmware solutions? Want to discuss the accuracy of usage meters? Pitch me an idea, write something up, and if we like it we'll use it.

ryder9
join:2003-01-09
here

ryder9

Karl, what you need are company insiders....... but I'm not offering myself....... lol
T4K
join:2002-03-13
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 recommendation

T4K to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
We'll take any length as long as it's good. Subjects could be all over the map.

LOL sorry that just seemed weird. Sounds like a giant global orgy.
Expand your moderator at work

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode

Re: Could you...

When you say "all over the map" I was hoping I could write a few how to articles. If it isn't just news, I could be interested. Things like home networking etc. Would that be OK?
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned) to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
I could write a scathing behind-the-scenes expose about being a moderator at a high-traffic broadband tech site, but I doubt you'd pay me for that...

Actually, this is a decent idea (paid stories, not my smart-ass comment). It takes a lot of time to research and construct a compelling article (I've written several about embedded systems hardware and programming) and compensation for that effort might pull some talented folks off the bench. It might help if you gave a little better idea of what you are looking for. As you mentioned, consumer broadband is a huge field.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
So this $50,000 could be spread over by more than one person?

I might be game, I just need to learn how to proofread my stuff.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to fifty nine

News Guy

to fifty nine
Yes, home networking discussions, review of new gear, and how to articles would be great!
Karl Bode

Karl Bode to J E F F4

News Guy

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

So this $50,000 could be spread over by more than one person?

I might be game, I just need to learn how to proofread my stuff.

Yes, it will be spread out over numerous people. We can help you with proofreading.