uniqs
chipper
join:2012-05-28
Beverly Hills, CA

chipper to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard

Re: Anyone using Unblock-us?

has anyone tried seedstuff.ca?

i saw it on »www.seedboxreviews.com/. not sure if it's worth getting.

for five years i have been using those free services, but my friend got hacked. don't want to risk now.
xcimo
Fibe 50-50
join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC

xcimo to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
What's the easiest way to pay for Hulu plus? Do they accept any canadian credit card?

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

1 edit

silvercat

Unblock-US details here what you have to do with regards to Hulu Plus:
»support.unblock-us.com/c ··· s/291534

Edit: didn't work for me.
BobSagget
join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON

BobSagget to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
This is pretty cool, switch over to Netflix Brazil on UnoTelly or Unblock-Us and you can already watch The Hunger Games in HD. That just came out on blu-ray like a week ago. The US Netflix doesn't even have it yet.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

Interesting ! Must try that..

infamouskid
join:2007-01-24
White Rock, BC

infamouskid to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
i use »tunlr.net/

FREE.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by infamouskid:

i use »tunlr.net/

FREE.

But keep this in mind in using it:

"Where’s the catch?

So you’ve read all the fantastic stuff about Tunlr being free, allowing you to stream in the best quality available, easy to setup blah blah blah. This simply sounds too good to be true. Where’s the catch?
We’re not aiming to provide a professional 24/7 service. Tunlr is up when it’s up, and is down when it’s down. We only have limited support for non-PC players. Support is limited to the on-site forum where your questions may or may not get answered."

»tunlr.net/faq/

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

It works well for me on my PS3 and Wii. So what if it's not guaranteed. I don't consider the inability to get US Netflix or Hulu an emergency. So far it always works for me.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

To each their own but if I'm paying for a service (Netflix etc) to use it 24/7 and relying on a tunnel to do so, I'd want to be sure at least it was at least reliably available most of the time with exception for unexpected outages or maintenance windows.

The problem I see is that unless they keep adding more bandwidth it may become unreliable because they need the capacity and servers at their end to transmit the stream to you, it's not simply DNS lookups alone that is provided to you.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

At some point it will likely become a paid service with more expectation of reliability.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

To each their own but if I'm paying for a service (Netflix etc) to use it 24/7 and relying on a tunnel to do so, I'd want to be sure at least it was at least reliably available most of the time with exception for unexpected outages or maintenance windows.

True, but even paid services are going to have some "flakiness" to them. I use Overplay still to this day, and it does crap out, for a couple of hours once every couple of weeks.

slowikc
join:2011-01-23
Milton, On

slowikc to BobSagget

to BobSagget
said by BobSagget:

This is pretty cool, switch over to Netflix Brazil on UnoTelly or Unblock-Us and you can already watch The Hunger Games in HD.

Wow cool feature, didn't know that Unblock-us will allow you to watch Netflix US, Canada,UK ,Ireland, Brazil and Mexico. Will try it out tonight.

Is there a site that lists which country version of Netflix has the most current movies (i.e like Brazil has Hunger games, etc..). It would be really cool if you could search all netflix content with search results showing which Netflix your desired movie is on.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by BACONATOR26:

True, but even paid services are going to have some "flakiness" to them. I use Overplay still to this day, and it does crap out, for a couple of hours once every couple of weeks.

Unblock US has been flawless for me for 6 months.
BobSagget
join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON

BobSagget to slowikc

to slowikc
I don't know. I am only aware of »instantwatcher.com/
It shows you all the movies/tv shows for US/Canada Netflix

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

Unblock US has been flawless for me for 6 months.

Good to know, in my case the issue seems to be intermittent with my Boxee Box+Overplay, should cross check with my PC and PS3 to confirm where the issue really is.

JoePro
join:2006-11-01
canada

JoePro to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
I use SmartDNS from overplay.net... Works really well and haven't had any issues thus far
rseiler
join:2001-11-01

rseiler to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
Those using Tunlr for Netflix, might want to follow their feed:
»twitter.com/Tunlr

For example:

We'll be turning off Netflix support in order to reduce system load

We probably have to drop some currently supported platforms. We'll be continuing to support PC, Mac and IOS after a temporary break.

Unless you have a funky DNS configuration, Netflix on PC/Windows and IOS will be back after a reboot.
tanknspank
join:2012-09-01

tanknspank

What 'platform support' is involved in Tunlr. Isn't it all done at DNS server level?

I just tried to access Hulu on my Android phone and the site seems to think I'm in the US, offering me a signup for Hulu Plus.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by tanknspank:

What 'platform support' is involved in Tunlr. Isn't it all done at DNS server level?

I just tried to access Hulu on my Android phone and the site seems to think I'm in the US, offering me a signup for Hulu Plus.

The DNS is so they can redirect you to other servers where they proxy the content, thus tricking Netflix, Hulu and others into thinking you are in the US and then pass the streaming content to you through those servers.
BACONATOR26

BACONATOR26 to SpongeGuard

Premium Member

to SpongeGuard
Just a warning for those using Tunlr, they will start banning what they deem to be heavy users.
Please consider using a commercial unblocking service if you consume geo-fenced video feeds for hours a day using Tunlr.

For instance, we’ve seen a few people hogging on our Netflix proxy for more than 10 hours a day (come on, get a life) consuming a considerable amount of resources on our servers. We’re not going to tolerate this. Starting next week, offenders will be handed a Tunlr-wide ban on their IP address and repeating offenders will get their entire ISP subnet(s) permanently banned. This will affect around 1-2% of our current user base. There will be no discussion about how to get unbanned. Once a ban is in place, it’s permanent.

If you’re using geo-fenced services like BBC, Netflix, Zattoo and others for more than 3 hours each day you are getting into the red zone. This applies only to video feeds at this time.
»tunlr.net/forums/topic/s ··· e-abuse/
rseiler

rseiler to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
Tunlr drops Netflix, officially:
»tunlr.net/2012/09/28/sup ··· -dropped

kosher98
@rogers.com

kosher98 to SpongeGuard

Anon

to SpongeGuard
I use UnoTelly and have been great for the past 6 months.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to SpongeGuard

MVM

to SpongeGuard
Kind of silly of tunlr... By their own admission, 90% of their sessions are to Netflix, so they'll see their userbase plummet. You might say "but it's a free service, what is there to complain about?" and while that's largely true, tunlr doesn't accept donations, so there's not much legitimacy to their "netflix uses too much resources" reasoning.

Oh well, back to my own VPN, then.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
There is a service called TunnelBear that I`ve used to watch BBC One live and it`s great. Free and paid service: »www.tunnelbear.com/pricing/

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
Apparently tunlr was a run by a service by a few friends who had setup the service for themselves to use and started to offer it to anyone else for free. I suspect they didn't antinicipate the demand for such a service.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
I started using unblock-us again yesterday since I can't watch stuff on Global using my Boxee Box anymore (Flash version issues). I like that they let us choose which Netflix we want to access (though I see Netflix France isn't there (yet?))
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to kosher98

to kosher98
said by kosher98 :

I use UnoTelly and have been great for the past 6 months.

I used them but it would seem on a very regular basis it would go down.... They refused to help... moved to unblock us and the issues all went away.
rseiler

rseiler

@koreyb, what time frame was that? Recently?

For those interested, more on the Tunlr decision:
»tunlr.net/forums/topic/n ··· -dropped
jack322
join:2012-09-19

jack322 to SpongeGuard

to SpongeGuard
I'm using Unotelly. Great service + they support VPN for 3G networks.