share rss forum feed

sv650s01

@stagename.com
reply to gonefishing1

Re: Anyone using Unblock-us?

I had this same issue. Here is what I did to get it working
1. Disable preload commercials
2. Set the cdn to akamai

I assume you're accessing hulu through xbmc.

gonefishing1

join:2012-01-30
Airdrie, AB
reply to SpongeGuard
Hi, yes Hulu is using XBMC but on apple tv. I'm not sure about the preload commercials part or "2. Set the cdn to akamai" Kinda new to this stuff. I spent many hours playing around searching and stuff. So what does "2. Set the cdn to akamai" mean or how do you set apple tv for what you described?

thanks

urby3

join:2010-05-21
Montreal, QC
said by gonefishing1:

Hi, yes Hulu is using XBMC but on apple tv. I'm not sure about the preload commercials part or "2. Set the cdn to akamai" Kinda new to this stuff. I spent many hours playing around searching and stuff. So what does "2. Set the cdn to akamai" mean or how do you set apple tv for what you described?

thanks

You can find those options in the settings of the plugin. The Akamai one is on the second tab and the other one was set by default for me (no blue dot) on the third tab.

gonefishing1

join:2012-01-30
Airdrie, AB
reply to SpongeGuard
working great now thanks for the help. CDN=akami pre-load =0

thanks

nickia

join:2003-08-17
reply to SpongeGuard
I haven't tried Unblock but I have been using UnoTelly.com since September and so far so good. It looks like UnoTelly has more channels than Unblock Us.

alexpb1

join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON
Like what? I am actually curious as I haven't tried the UnoTelly service yet.

KimBeth

join:2012-01-23

1 edit
reply to nickia
said by nickia:

I haven't tried Unblock but I have been using UnoTelly.com since September and so far so good. It looks like UnoTelly has more channels than Unblock Us.

I have been using unotelly for a long time too. And yes it definitely has more channels.

KimBeth

reply to alexpb1
said by alexpb1:

The best thing that unotelly has is spotify (that too for free). Other than that some other channels like syfy and and pbs are also available. These are the channels I watch, I have no idea if there are any more...

alexpb1

Barrie, ON
said by KimBeth:

said by alexpb1:

The best thing that unotelly has is spotify (that too for free). Other than that some other channels like syfy and and pbs are also available. These are the channels I watch, I have no idea if there are any more...

Those are all available on Unblock-us lol
I've been using Spotify and Syfy and just checked PBS, they all work great.
Can anyone find something that UnoTelly offers that Unblock-us doesn't? I would switch if it's worthwhile.

raptors4ever

@rogers.com
CWTV just to start. I'm too lazy to list them all.

KimBeth

reply to alexpb1
Yup.. raptor is right..CWTV is new from unotelly

alexpb1

Barrie, ON
reply to raptors4ever
said by raptors4ever :

Not to sound like a dick, but...CWTV has worked on Unblock-us since i started using it 3 weeks ago (I like to watch Supernatural). Who knows how long before that.

If you are simply going by the list on Unblock-us.com of what they support, that's no good considering they support a whole bunch of stuff they don't have written down. The CW being one of them.

shaboyagan

@windstream.net
reply to SpongeGuard
I live in the us and am trying to find a way to watch my local mlb team via a mlb.com subscription through my Roku. They blackout local teams based on your ip address. I wondered if unblock-us would give the appearance of a different location when plugged into my router and accessed via roku?? Anyone know the answer to that??

saabbaby

join:2011-12-12
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to SpongeGuard
ive been using unblock-us and it works perfectly on my iphone and laptop, but its not working with my ps3...i entered the correct dns and all.

does anyone know if it would work with ebox's vpn, if so i would have no need to pay.

yyzUnderdog
Premium
join:2001-11-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to SpongeGuard
Anyone use Spotify with unblock-us?
--
-Tim

KimBeth

said by yyzUnderdog:

Anyone use Spotify with unblock-us?

Yes! Spotify works with unblock-us. Although if you wanna get only spotify, I would suggest unotelly since it offers spotify free.

KimBeth

reply to alexpb1
said by alexpb1:

said by raptors4ever :

Not to sound like a dick, but...CWTV has worked on Unblock-us since i started using it 3 weeks ago (I like to watch Supernatural). Who knows how long before that.

If you are simply going by the list on Unblock-us.com of what they support, that's no good considering they support a whole bunch of stuff they don't have written down. The CW being one of them.

Ya. Seems you are right!
It all comes down to personal preference while deciding a service. But unotelly might just be a little popular due to the fact that they offer some channels for free..

kuddles

join:2011-05-02
Ottawa, ON
reply to SpongeGuard
I noticed that the main website of unblock-us pretty much removes all information regarding what most people would plan to do with it, including within the testimonials. I wonder if they got in trouble somewhere or what was the reasoning for it.

alexpb1

Barrie, ON
reply to SpongeGuard
Does anyone have trouble using cbc.ca/video with Unblock-Us on? I always have to turn it off if I want to use CBC's video streaming site because it thinks I am not in Canada.

UnoTelly seems to be the same way. Soon as I disable either one, CBC streams fine again.

I thought these services were only supposed to do their geo-location "trick" on select sites while other sites remain unaltered? Why would it effect CBC?

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

1 edit
Do you have the Tomato or DD-WRT firmware? because it's possible to use Unblock-US only with specific websites.
»www.mereo.ca/2012/03/18/howto-us···-tomato/

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
kudos:2
reply to saabbaby
said by saabbaby:

ive been using unblock-us and it works perfectly on my iphone and laptop, but its not working with my ps3...i entered the correct dns and all.

does anyone know if it would work with ebox's vpn, if so i would have no need to pay.

Not sure about ebox vpn. But I can tell you that unblock-us works perfectly with PS3's. I am using a PS3 Fat and PS3 Slim with the service (yes, sometimes simultaneously).

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
kudos:1
reply to SpongeGuard
Couldnt I just exchange DNS addresses with a friend from the states instead of paying for a vpn?

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
No

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
reply to SpongeGuard
Unblock-us works great if you wanna watch the Blue Jays on mlbtv

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB
reply to SpongeGuard
Is there a unblockus EU equivalent?

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
Unblock-US also works with British channels such as the BBC, Channel4, Channel5...

LittleDevil

join:2012-04-12
reply to Doonz
I've been using UnoTelly for some time now...works great.
I use it to watch US channels, but you can also use it to watch UK blocked channels....

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to SpongeGuard
I'm doing some research on how unblock-us works. I have DNS servers in the USA, so if anyone wants to help me out setting it up, I will reward you with free access.

lawrenson

join:2012-02-22
said by rodjames:

I'm doing some research on how unblock-us works.

Essentially it's just a proxy running on their servers rather than on your end.

Their DNS servers point to their own servers rather than Netflix's when you resolve most *.netflix.com subdomains.
Their servers are then proxying your requests (probably through something like Squid) to Netflix's servers.

alexpb1

Barrie, ON
reply to SpongeGuard
Anyone using UnoTelly unable to load Netflix this morning?
I just get "waiting for netflix.com..." and then:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to netflix.com

Other sites like Hulu are working just fine through UnoTelly. As soon as I disable their DNS Netflix loads properly. So it doesn't seem to be on my end. Anyone else?