Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmxrob6
Premium
join:2005-06-24
Boonville, MO

So where is this meter?

I keep seeing people post about it, post snapshots, but I've yet to see any actual link to a meter!

ddeisz
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Batavia, IL

Re: So where is this meter?

»uversecentral4.att.com/uvp/myhome/bbu

works for DSL as well
slckusr
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter

said by ddeisz:

»uversecentral4.att.com/uvp/myhome/bbu

works for DSL as well

:( The U-verse data measurement report is currently under construction. When completed, you will be notified if your usage exceeds the allowance. Until that time, U-verse customers should not be concerned about their usage patterns for billing purposes.

To learn more about how to manage your usage, please visit www.att.com/internet-usage

the link is amusing with a 250gb cap I can watch 25 sd, or 13 hd movies a month.
bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY

I watch a lot of SD on Netflix on my Roku and 96 hours was only around 45 GB. I think a 350 GB would give you more that 25 SD movies.

Nsane_iceman
Premium
join:2001-02-26
North Richland Hills, TX

said by bn1221:

I watch a lot of SD on Netflix on my Roku and 96 hours was only around 45 GB. I think a 350 GB would give you more that 25 SD movies.

I hear it's 35 HD movies to equal the cap.
--
Avatar by: dandelion | Disarm you with a smile. | Tell me, tell me what you're after. I just want to get there faster.

dmxrob6
Premium
join:2005-06-24
Boonville, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest
Thanks; I checked the meter and the numbers it is reporting for my 6MB DSL service are pretty much (within an acceptable 2-3% range) spot on with what my FCC-supplied SamKnows router is reporting.

Do I like caps? Heck, no - I think they stifle innovation. However, it's like fighting city hall. Where I live this is the ONLY choice and probably will be for years to come. I heard a rumor we might be getting non-TV Uverse, but that was only a rumor.

I would be much happier if the cap for DSL was 250GB instead of 150GB. I don't see why there is a difference other than an attempt to get people to switch to UVERSE where available.

jimbo48

join:2000-11-17
Hayward, CA
This is what AT&T so delightfully tells me when I attempt to find out what my usage is

"AT&T is not able to capture usage data on all of its customers. Customers whose usage is not available for viewing should not be concerned about their usage patterns for billing purposes.

To learn more about how to manage your usage, please visit www.att.com/internet-usage"

I checked into this and per their WEBSITE they say
..." As of May 2, 2011, AT&T's residential DSL High Speed Internet plans will have a usage allowance of 150 Gigabytes ("GB") per month, and its residential U-verse High Speed Internet plans will have a usage allowance of 250 Gigabytes ("GB") per month. The usage allowance is the amount of data you can send and receive each month..."
I then try to check my usage and AT&T says;

..." AT&T will provide a personal usage report at www.MyUsage.att.com where customers can view how much actual data they have used in a given month from the January 2011 bill cycle to the most recent billing cycle. To protect confidential customer information, this site is password-protected. The login process requires your Internet access login and password. The login is your AT&T primary account email address (e.g., John_smith@att.net). The password is the same password used to access your att.net homepage and primary email account.."
If you don't have access to this usage site then AT&T tells you
..."Many of our customers have access to this tool already. For those who don't today, until your usage is available for viewing on www.MyUsage.att.com, you should not be concerned about your usage patterns for billing purposes. Once the tool is available, you will be notified if you exceed your allowance..."

Whats wrong with this picture? I am told that a hard CAP is going to be put in place but they can't/don't have to tell me how much I am using or have used but will tell me I've exceeded my CAP. MAybe they don't want you to know how much you use??? MAybe they can't tell you how much you use accurately? Time to talk to the attornys General of ones state.