Greenville, SC

slckusr to ddeisz

Premium Member

to ddeisz

Re: So where is this meter?

said by ddeisz:

»uversecentral4.att.com/u ··· home/bbu

works for DSL as well

:( The U-verse data measurement report is currently under construction. When completed, you will be notified if your usage exceeds the allowance. Until that time, U-verse customers should not be concerned about their usage patterns for billing purposes.

To learn more about how to manage your usage, please visit www.att.com/internet-usage

the link is amusing with a 250gb cap I can watch 25 sd, or 13 hd movies a month.

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221

I watch a lot of SD on Netflix on my Roku and 96 hours was only around 45 GB. I think a 350 GB would give you more that 25 SD movies.

Nsane_iceman
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26
North Richland Hills, TX

Nsane_iceman

Premium Member

said by Eagles1221:

I watch a lot of SD on Netflix on my Roku and 96 hours was only around 45 GB. I think a 350 GB would give you more that 25 SD movies.

I hear it's 35 HD movies to equal the cap.

dmxrob
Premium Member
join:2005-06-24
Saint Peters, MO
·Charter
·StarLink
·Suddenlink

dmxrob to slckusr

Premium Member

to slckusr
Thanks; I checked the meter and the numbers it is reporting for my 6MB DSL service are pretty much (within an acceptable 2-3% range) spot on with what my FCC-supplied SamKnows router is reporting.

Do I like caps? Heck, no - I think they stifle innovation. However, it's like fighting city hall. Where I live this is the ONLY choice and probably will be for years to come. I heard a rumor we might be getting non-TV Uverse, but that was only a rumor.

I would be much happier if the cap for DSL was 250GB instead of 150GB. I don't see why there is a difference other than an attempt to get people to switch to UVERSE where available.