spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ICDWILL117
@bellsouth.net

ICDWILL117

Anon

SMC TigerSwitch 6924M Password Reset / Hard Reset

I recently received a TigerSwitch 6924M Model from a friend that got a few from a company that was replacing their old hardware. Its still a really nice switch, though they were not reset to factory defaults and there is no information on the admin password. I only have access to the guest account.

There are some jumper pins on the management module though there is no documentation on them and there is no noticeable way of doing a hard reset. I was curious if anyone knew. Obviously my last resort is to call SMC technical support but I'm not sure what they could do and was curious if anyone knew of a procedure.

Thanks in advanced.

smcpimp365
@optonline.net

smcpimp365

Anon

Google is your friend. Look for SMC's SNMP Management Software - filename is (EliteView 604.zip). This software includes a MIB file for the SMC TigerSwitch 6924M. The mib is smc6924M.mib. This should allow you to access the switch using the public community string.

ICDWILL117
@bellsouth.net

ICDWILL117

Anon

said by smcpimp365 :

Google is your friend. Look for SMC's SNMP Management Software - filename is (EliteView 604.zip). This software includes a MIB file for the SMC TigerSwitch 6924M. The mib is smc6924M.mib. This should allow you to access the switch using the public community string.

Ive finally managed to get snmp access but I really do not know how I would go about resetting the switch via snmp. the documentation isn't very clear at all. Not to mention, Iv'e never really messed with snmp before so I'm new to this.

Thanks.
ICDWILL117

ICDWILL117

Anon

said by ICDWILL117 :

said by smcpimp365 :

Ive finally managed to get snmp access but I really do not know how I would go about resetting the switch via snmp. the documentation isn't very clear at all. Not to mention, Iv'e never really messed with snmp before so I'm new to this.

Thanks.

Ok good news. I got the switch reset. I played around with the MIB browser and figured out what to do.

Thanks for the reply.

For future reference: Load the 6928M MIB or the system object ID, snmpv1, and connect to the switch via its IP address.
Browse to smc6924M > restartMgt > restartOptionReloadFactoryDefault and set value to 2. Then under restartAction, set value to 2. The switch will reboot and should set to factory defaults.