Saint Peters, MO
·Charter
·StarLink
·Suddenlink

dmxrob to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA

Re: DSLReports is becoming so biased

I admit, I agree with your statements about AT&T. I live in a small town in Missouri and AT&T is our local telephone company. The phone service and support is top notch (AT&T worked for weeks last summer diagnosing a problem with my voice line and eventually came and laid new copper to the house and credited me three months of service) and the DSL has been, for the past 7 years I've had it, top notch and very stable.

My only gripe is I would like to see the 150GB DSL cap placed at 250GB to give more "growth" room. Of course, I don't think we should have caps at all -- but I am resigned to the fact that they are coming and so we have to deal with them.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

You're giving a lot of credit to AT&T for doing what they are required by stacks of laws to do. Voice (POTS) is very regulated. They cannot simply throw their hands up and call it a day leaving you with broken phone service. If new trunk cable is what it takes, then that's what they have to do; and they cannot charge you for it.

DSL tends to work for ever as long as it's left alone. It's when people go messing with stuff that it goes horribly wrong. (unless you live in a lightning prone area.)

Caps are wrong -- period. You should let AT&T know that by ceasing to do business with them. Luckily, I live in an area where I have choices. (cable, covad, clearwire...)