Search similar:

uniqs

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake

Premium Member

Lord & Taylor, Ritz Carlton, Neiman Marcus, and...Wal-Mart?!

I saw in today's Washington Post that Wal-Mart is in the final negotiations of a lease agreement to build a 79,000 sq. ft. store in Tysons Corner, of all places. Not exactly the type of area I would expect to see one. Can't wait for the Tysons version of peopleofwalmart.com!
full article:
»www.washingtonpost.com/l ··· ory.html

smokes14
join:2003-02-09
Madison, VA

smokes14

Read the same article. Wally world is going to be in the old Moore Cadillac building which is on Rt 7 far west of the shopping centers. Unless one uses Rt 7 east into Tysons, people won't see it at all, including me. I am an anti-wally world shopper.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106

grobinette to RockCake

MVM,

to RockCake
That still won't make me go there.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

DC DSL to RockCake

Premium Member

to RockCake
I keep hoping their plans to open in the District fall through.

Rxdoxx

join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD

Rxdoxx to RockCake

to RockCake
I wanna go to a NeimanMart

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by Rxdoxx:

I wanna go to a NeimanMart

Do they sell Chinese goods ?

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid to RockCake

to RockCake
I am glad it's moving there... Tysons Corner was an upscale area but since the metro rail is going to run overhead due to the ignorance of Fairfax politicians. It'll turn into another 7corners as I have predicted. Cannot wait for the graffiti all over the rail tracks and walls... It'll be the dream of the politicians.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette
said by grobinette:

That still won't make me go there.

Me either. Unless I happen to be driving by and need something.
I have other Wal-Marts that are closer to me.

Hmmm. A Wal-Mart parking lot filled with Beamers, Mercedes, Hummers, and Bentleys. Where the greeters say "The grace of your presence is welcomed and appreciated."
With no lines out front on 'Black Friday', because Tyson's patrons wouldn't think of spending so little, not to mention getting up at 3am to do it.
Where some of the items have "The Exclusive Samuel Club" printed on them, and signs in the aisles say "Prices Are Rolled Forwards To More Suit Your Proclivities".

. . . Maybe I will have to see this after all.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

grobinette

MVM,

quote:
Wal-Mart plans a Tysons Corner store that is smaller and more focused on groceries and fresh food than the chain’s traditional Supercenters, which can be more than twice as large and offer a wider array of goods
Maybe it will be like a Harris Tweater or Whole Paycheck with lower prices and a decent wine selection.