uniqs
share rss forum feed

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

Sprint 3G Overage Charges: BEWARE!!!

Back in November, I upgraded to 3G/4G. As most of you know, the Sprint 4G/3G plan offers unlimited 4G and a 5 gig cap on 3G.

Since that time, I've largely used 4G. And if I found myself in a location where only 3G was available I couldn't make it work properly, for the most part.

I've reported elsewhere in this forum Sprint's efforts to fix my 3G issues.

Specifically, at times they have asked me to reconnect to 3G to see if there were improvements or if any of my issues had been corrected.

During those periods, I've had occasion to log in to my Sprint account in order to keep an eye on my 3G data usage, in order to avoid the 5G cap.

Last February I first noticed that the usage counter wasn't properly updating. I reported the problem and they said it would be corrected in a day or so.

In early March I noticed that the usage counter had still not been fixed. I reported it again. They told me the matter had been corrected and must have uncorrected itself. They told me it would be corrected in a day.

In mid-March I again noticed that the usage counter had still not been fixed. I reported it again. I expressed concern that I could go over my 5 gigs and not even know it.

The following day I reported the problem again, and again expressed concern that I could be over my limit and not even know it.

The following day I reported the problem again, and again expressed concern that I could go over the limit and never even know it. This time they assured me that since I had reported the problem repeatedly it was well-documented that I was trying to stay under my limit, and that my usage counter was not working. Consequently, should I go over my limit days after my usage stopped, in a delayed reaction on the usage counter, I would not be held responsible for the overage, and I would not be charged for it.

Well, the last time I used 3G (the 21st), my counter was still saying that I'd used just under 3 gigs. I used 3G that day, very lightly, for about an hour, and then switched to 4G for the remainder of the week.

This morning BOOM!!! My billing cycle updated and there it was: almost $39 in overage fees!!!

So I called Sprint immediately, and reminded them of their promise.

The bad news: It took 90 minutes and three people before it was corrected.

The good news: They said my overage fees would be removed.

The moral: KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR SPRINT 3G DATA USAGE EVERY MORNING. IF THE STATS DON'T SEEM TO BE UPDATING, --

-- TELL SPRINT IMMEDIATELY! AND THEN GO ON TO REPORT IT EVERY DAY FOR A FULL WEEK. OTHERWISE THEY WILL ROB YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Hope this helps some poor slob.