spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vzw emp

@144.191.148.x

Nero 10 Essentials

Recently built an new PC and included with the ASUS DVD burner was a copy of Nero 10 Essentials. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it won't burn MP3 files. When you click on add files and go to my music folder it doesn't display any of the files in MP3 format (it does show the WMA files).

Am I missing something or are they trying to get me to buy an upgraded version? If it doesn't burn MP3's why even include it?

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9
Reviews:
·VOIPO

1 edit

2 recommendations

"Essentials" is the "Light" version of Nero. AFAIK from my experience w/ earlier versions, you have to buy the MPEG conversion license to do what you want.

(at least that's the way it used to work... I really haven't use any version past 6.x in professional use. Newer builds are just "bloated for dummies" stuff, IMO )

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI
reply to vzw emp
It probably thinks you're trying to create an audio CD if you chose the Audio option. If you want to burn MP3s to a disc as-is to use in a MP3 compatible player then choose the Data option, it ought to let you do that.
--
Moe, I need your advice… See I've got this friend named Joey Joe-Joe... Junior... Shabadoo?

vzw emp

@144.191.148.x
reply to vzw emp
I was trying to burn mp3 files to a cd to play in my car. Windows Media Player worked just fine, so it looks like Nero is getting uninstalled.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to vzw emp
said by vzw emp :

Recently built an new PC and included with the ASUS DVD burner was a copy of Nero 10 Essentials. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it won't burn MP3 files. When you click on add files and go to my music folder it doesn't display any of the files in MP3 format (it does show the WMA files).

Am I missing something or are they trying to get me to buy an upgraded version? If it doesn't burn MP3's why even include it?

Nero 10 has many programs it installs. You never said what Nero program you were running?

You should run Nero Burning ROM, chose a CD format and chose an Audio CD. Add file and it should work.

Ken Peterson
Premium
join:2000-12-08
kudos:3
reply to vzw emp
You could always get an excellent freebie like CDBurnerXP - just make sure to get the one without OpenCandy

»www.cdburnerxp.se/en/download

(Click the "More Download Options" to see all download choices)

seaman
Premium
join:2000-12-08
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

said by Ken Peterson:

You could always get an excellent freebie like CDBurnerXP - just make sure to get the one without OpenCandy

Ken Peterson, thanks for this tip. That is a snappy little no frills app. I like it. I have been buying OEM optical drives lately and they often dont include software. I have heard of this app before but didnt even stop to try it because the name kind of implies it is an "XP" solution. They should seriously consider a name change, like yesterday.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
Drop XP and simply call it CDBurner.... It's cleaner.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
I switched from Nero to CDBurnerXP years ago when Nero got bloated and expensive.