All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Steven Bo
@att.net

Steven Bo

Anon

AT&T DSL - Moving To New APT - Can Only Get UVerse?

Hi
I am moving in a week, a few doors down in my same complex. I have had ATT 6mbps DSL for the last year. I want to keep it because I like it but they said since I moved in a year ago, they only offer U Verse. Anyone who had DSL originally gets to keep it but if you start new service or move, you HAVE to get U Verse.

The monthly prices sounded alright for just U Verse internet, but I don't have 100 bucks for another modem after I just spent 70 on a DSL one a year ago.

I called again the following day, talked to Billing. Lady now said I have the option to do DSL or U Verse. I said DSL please. I think it worked out unless they call to inform me that the lady made a mistake.

Were they just trying to push their new service on me and saying DSL was no longer offered?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

This forum is rarely used.

I would ask the moderators to switch you to the Uverse Forum at »AT&T U-verse or the appropriate AT&T service area forum. You could also just post there yourself.

AT&T West at »AT&T West
Serving the states of California and Nevada

AT&T Southeast at »AT&T Southeast
Serving LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, NC, SC, GA, FL

AT&T Northeast at »AT&T Northeast
Serving Conn?

AT&TSouthwest at ttp://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,swbell
Serving Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas

AT&T Midwest at »AT&T Midwest
Serving IL, WI, OH, MI, and IN.

That being said, the policy in the past was to force homeowners to loose DSL capability once UVerse was installed, by taking out the plain old telephone lines. However that may have been changed, especially in apartment buildings or certain types of row housing developments where there is no space between houses(sharing common walls).