uniqs

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA

Re: Don't see them suing Sling Media ...

said by Jim_in_VA:

and the Slingbox, where you can view programming anywhere, anytime, on any device.

Maybe Sling Media isn't big enough for them to go after...yet? Also, it sounds like this TWC app will allow someone to watch channels separate from what is being viewed over the TV/cable box.

With the Slingbox, you are only viewing what can actually be seen on a TV in your home. It's almost as if going after Sling Media would be like telling someone that they could not watch their program if they sat too far away from the TV. My viewing distance is practically unlimited now, but I am still just watching shows using my equipment and the channel package I subscribe to.

It seems that TWC is providing their customers with a new way to deliver TV content, and without permission from the content providers. I think it is silly, but I do see the difference.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

With the Slingbox you can view any channel you have in your package, including live local TV, and anything you have recorded on your DVR ... anywhere, on any device. That is far larger than what TWC offers. Now THAT is tv anywhere
PSB
join:2002-11-22
Petaluma, CA

PSB to jmn1207

to jmn1207
Sling Media is a subsidiary of Echostar.