spc
uniqs
rob2k4
join:2004-07-04
Columbus, OH

1 edit

rob2k4 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan

Re: DTA's and encryption - A message from WOW!

Okay, I will check out my TV after I remove the DTA. When I received a letter from WOW about Digital Transition, it didn't address anything about subscribers having old analog TVs and WOW assumed that I have one, despite the fact I told WOW more than a year ago that I have a HDTV that is able to broadcast HD channels. The letter made me assumed that as long as I have Basic Package (not Digital Value), I would not be able to view the channels after the digital transition/conversion and that I should get a DTA as soon as possible.

UPDATE: I removed the DTA, turned on the TV and got channels 53 to 93 all color bars with message that each of these channels has been transitioned to a digital format. I assume that happened after I activated the DTA at WOW website this morning. Now calling WOW customer support.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by rob2k4:

Okay, I will check out my TV after I remove the DTA. When I received a letter from WOW about Digital Transition, it didn't address anything about subscribers having old analog TVs and WOW assumed that I have one, despite the fact I told WOW more than a year ago that I have a HDTV that is able to broadcast HD channels. The letter made me assumed that as long as I have Basic Package (not Digital Value), I would not be able to view the channels after the digital transition/conversion and that I should get a DTA as soon as possible.

UPDATE: I removed the DTA, turned on the TV and got channels 53 to 93 all color bars with message that each of these channels has been transitioned to a digital format. I assume that happened after I activated the DTA at WOW website this morning. Now calling WOW customer support.

You may need to do a channel scan in order to pick up the channels on their digital frequencies. You're probably seeing color bars on the old analog channels.
rob2k4
join:2004-07-04
Columbus, OH

1 edit

rob2k4

Oh, my Lord, channel scan...

UPDATE: Channel scan is done, picked up several digital frequencies. Didn't work, still have color bars on channels 53 to 93.

Jimmy
@wideopenwest.com

Jimmy

Anon

I disconnected the DTA and connected the coax directly to my tv. After a channel scan, I get the color bars for channels 52-61.. 62-93 (from the digital transition list) works fine... WOW "support" wasn't much help.

Anybody have any ideas?
Jimmy

Jimmy

Anon

Pardon me, I didn't get the full thread when i searched on Google...

thanks a lot dan

Hey now
@lsrlaw.com

Hey now to rob2k4

Anon

to rob2k4
Is there any way to receive basic HD channels with a tuner viewing throug a DVR? The channels are there but are just black.