Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

Re: The key features of the bill sound reasonable

How dare you drag the facts into this! it is much funner to complain that the government should be able to run a network without any problems that face private businesses.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

said by swintec:

How dare you drag the facts into this! it is much funner to complain that the government should be able to run a network without any problems that face private businesses.

He's quoting only a tiny portion of the bill. The bill is discussed in extreme detail at stopthecap.com. Uncle Sam is a known shill. If you really want to know the facts, read stopthecap's analysis to understand why will make it literally impossible for any new municipal ventures to take place.

It's pure political corruption and ineptitude at its finest.

Many of the politicians, especially Representative Avila, are completely ignorant as to the importance of broadband. They grew up in a different era and have no idea how broadband can help their economy and shape people's lives.

These politicians aren't elected based on intelligence, but on "popularity" and funding. In other words- they're stupid anti-intellectual mindless drones.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

said by sonicmerlin:

If you really want to know the facts, read stopthecap's analysis

That's where you lost me. If you want to call someone a shill fine, but dont back it up by directing it to a blog that is just as bad, in the opposite direction.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by swintec:

said by sonicmerlin:

If you really want to know the facts, read stopthecap's analysis

That's where you lost me. If you want to call someone a shill fine, but dont back it up by directing it to a blog that is just as bad, in the opposite direction.

The "shill" label is thrown out around here very liberally and is generally applied to anyone not part of the prevailing groupthink and who actually has a different opinion.
--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/afe201cb84d45c88