OldschoolDSL
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Indian Orchard, MA

1 recommendation

OldschoolDSL

Premium Member

Government for rent

Slightly used Government for Rent. Must be willing to sell out the people and keep topics within secret meetings private, until it's to late for the public to react.

Requirements are simple... Must present lump sum of cash or open ended, blank check. Lump sum of cash willingly accepted, but open ended, blank check preferred.

Applications can be located at any and all government offices, but preferably directed by members of congress.

Only the rich need apply.
ToiletMint
join:2009-12-07
Pine River, MN

1 recommendation

ToiletMint

Most muni broadband deployments are successful , and continue to thrive. Case in point (Montecello, MN).Most of them pay off the debt and in even in some cases make a profit; which in turn goes towards improvements.

I would much rather have a Muni connection than an Incumbent. Incumbent's use my monthly payment to hire a lobbyist's to screw me over for even more money via shady practices made legal by our elected officials.

DoubleTree
@98-62-2att-inc.com

DoubleTree

Anon

You do realize that munis are NOT allowed to turn a profit? therefore NEVER are able to really do anything. They are only allowed to break even and never fully can do anything.

As far as Montecello, MN, this bill in NC would create the same basic thing- a public/private partnership that the cities would have to obtain an outside company to build out and operate the network. The Cities would NOT be allowed to do this. BBR fails to mention that.

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow

Munis can make a certain percentage above a profit as long as it's reinvested into the infrastructure. What's the problem?

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup to ToiletMint

Premium Member

to ToiletMint
said by ToiletMint:

Most muni broadband deployments are successful , and continue to thrive. Case in point (Montecello, MN).Most of them pay off the debt and in even in some cases make a profit; which in turn goes towards improvements.

Do tell? I don't see where the town offers anything on the FCC broadband map.
quote:
Advertised Speeds Above 3 Mbps
Data as of: 6/30/10
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.
50 - 100 Mbps

Charter Communications
10 - 25 Mbps