Premium Member
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA

firephoto to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102

Re: rly?

said by pnh102:

Now, let me bring you back to the topic. Can you prove to me that in this current economy, where it is a fact that just about every state and local government is having trouble paying for its current obligations, it would be wise for the same governments that cannot currently pay for their existing obligations to enter into new obligations?

This is a law that applies to future deployments. What part of "future" applies to "current economy"???

It's fully with no shame an attempt to protect only privately held incumbent operators. They include open ended wording so they can use phantom "costs" to inflate rates for no reason.

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

1 recommendation

JakCrow

said by firephoto:

said by pnh102:

Now, let me bring you back to the topic. Can you prove to me that in this current economy, where it is a fact that just about every state and local government is having trouble paying for its current obligations, it would be wise for the same governments that cannot currently pay for their existing obligations to enter into new obligations?

This is a law that applies to future deployments. What part of "future" applies to "current economy"???

It's fully with no shame an attempt to protect only privately held incumbent operators. They include open ended wording so they can use phantom "costs" to inflate rates for no reason.

And why is a state government shilling for and passing a law for the benefit of less than a handful of private corporations? Why aren't these corporations competing on their own merits? Talk about no "free market".
« Don't confuse me with the facts.
This is a sub-selection from rly?