spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dasu10

@verizon.net

how is Earthlink Cable internet

Right now i have verizon DSL and i don't want to pay $55 for FIOS. Earthlink is offering 29.99 7/1 for 6 months. I want to know that is Earthlink internet good?

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA
kudos:1

»Company entry - Earthlink Cable Modem Service

»User reviews - Earthlink Cable Modem Service
--
Mission Accomplished

XPAMD
Premium
join:2002-06-08
united state
reply to dasu10

At lot will depend on who your first mile provider is, and how well they service your local area.

If you currently have RoadRunner or Comcast Cable internet and your service currently sucks, then Earthlink probably won't be much better.

However if RR or CC runs great, you get great speeds and latency then Earthlink will run just the same. Just at a better price

Edit to add:

I just read the part you a VZ DSL customer. Well ask your neighbors, that MAY be a good guage.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to dasu10

I hate you for not be grateful to have FIOS, but earthlink will probably be good--if you don't like it you don't have to wait 6 months to cancel.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8

He didn't say he was ungreatful, just that he didn't want to pay $55/month.

That said, Earthlink doesn't run a cable network. It's just rebranded local cable service. so, if you live in TWC territory, you'll have RR service (with an earthlink IP.) etc. etc. The only difference is the value-added services (email, webhosting, etc.) are through Earthlink. The network, and your bill, are 100% TWC.