spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pgup

join:2010-12-16

[DE] Cheap landline options in Delaware

My mother is 89 and she just was widowed. I am helping with her bills and notice that she has Comcast cable, and also a FIOS box in her basement. She is paying for all sorts of things she does not need. The FIOS Box is providing phone service. All she really needs is basic cable and telephone. My original thought is to keep Comcast cable and drop the FIOS landline and either replace with a verizon landline (and add a cheap pay per call long distance) or activate Comcast digital telephone on the cable line. Any recommendations on the most cost effective solution? Any solution has to be transparent to her. She does not need internet

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
Since she has FiOS, you should check out a phone/TV bundle with them and compare that to a phone/TV bundle from Comcast. Here in DC, VZ is offering it for $64.99 on a month-to-month. Comcast usually forces you to take a 2-year. Last time I looked at them, it was something like $70/mo.
--
"Keep calm and carry on."

pgup

great tip - thank you.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
reply to pgup
I believe Verizon offers very cheap landline options for seniors. You may want to ask them about it.
--
~ Insert a Funny Sig Here ~

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to pgup
I know you said "Landline" but there are inexpensive and free cell phone options for seniors.

Check out »www.squidoo.com/cell-phones-for-seniors and
»www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollm···ome.aspx

pgup

reply to pgup
thanks all