Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to Jack_in_VA

join:2007-09-25
Edgewood, TX

back with Sprint because AT&T screws you as soon as you get the 5G cap. Suspension of service at hitting 5GB cap and then having to call in to take the lock off and then having to call again for each 1GB of data over the cap.

jsme304

join:2009-10-16
Lampasas, TX
Reviews:
·WildBlue
reply to Jack_in_VA

decalex

@spcsdns.net
Any input on what it could mean if my download speeds are way lower than upload? This is on sprint's 3g (Evdo) network in southern California (orange county). I've noticed it for most of this year, but getting much worse.
I consistently get 6 - 15 kB/s down and about 30 kB/s up. I've called a few times, and they say they've been having some 4G outages. 4G only works for me in certain spots, if I hold still (and hold my breath).

But something seems off about the 3G speeds.. any ideas?
(Have latest PRL, PRI and modem). HTC Evo

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to chris92
said by chris92:

Ahh, that's more like it!

Is the improvement in the upload speed a result of your calling Sprint? Or did you do something else to get the upload back in spec? Or did it just improve on its own?

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to decalex
said by decalex :

But something seems off about the 3G speeds.. any ideas?...HTC Evo

A few months ago I was also getting pathetically slow 3G speeds on my Evo Shift (though my 4G speeds were completely up to snuff). They were so slow I suspected I was stuck on 1XRTT.

A kindly user here, Shimonmor, directed me to »androidforums.com/evo-4g-support···o4g.html . I read through those instructions, got my MSL lock code from Sprint, and in TEN MINUTES I was getting very good 3G speeds.

So that might do the trick for you. Good luck.

chris92

join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Mediacom
reply to Jack_in_VA
@criggs,

I'm in the process of building a cantenna...I'm still waiting for the right parts to come for the FME connector. I found that when I just stick the device into the big coffee can and point it to a tower about 5 miles away, I get really good signal and get pretty good download speeds - the best I've got was 1.94MBps down. I figured the uploads would be well over 0.6 down, but haven't had any luck.

Tonight's speeds aren't too bad:

Dexter1992

join:2010-07-16
Winona, MN
reply to Jack_in_VA

I just setup a brace on my pole with my grid antenna attached and now I get -76dbm, and ec/io is -1. Speed is good but tower load is still evident in the day time. I think my local cable company is putting up a wireless tower by my valley, this could be the end of my evdo days.

decalex

@cox.net
reply to criggs
said by criggs:

A few months ago I was also getting pathetically slow 3G speeds on my Evo Shift (though my 4G speeds were completely up to snuff). They were so slow I suspected I was stuck on 1XRTT.

A kindly user here, Shimonmor, directed me to »androidforums.com/evo-4g-support···o4g.html . I read through those instructions, got my MSL lock code from Sprint, and in TEN MINUTES I was getting very good 3G speeds.

So that might do the trick for you. Good luck.

I've tried a variation of this.. but this is definitely different enough for me to give it a shot I'm restoring my CM7 backup right now.. so we'll see. Thanks for the link!

join:2011-04-25

1 edit
reply to Jack_in_VA
hi, I got fair enough speed but didn't get option from where do I find to check the speed. and how to upload the picture here. I am not getting any option to upload pictures.

killroy2

join:2004-08-19
Bainbridge, OH
reply to Jack_in_VA
Tethered on EVO.