Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

2 recommendations

JGROCKY to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz

Re: TekSavvy's new AUP bans servers?

We now know people are reading things! It's been removed. We're getting close to launching more things and had to update the Terms and Conditions for sake of a minimum 30 day notice. The irony is the T&C mistakenly had that in it due to a consultant writing it.... guess the April fools joke was on us on this one!

...in any case, removed now. If anyone sees anything else that is contrary to our ways please PM me.

Rocky

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

That's what I thought. A simple copy-pasta screw-up.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY
Phew Rocky, you almost gave me a heart attack.. thought I'd have to finally face the Commision and start a battle with Bell.
justsomeguy8
join:2007-10-08
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

We now know people are reading things! It's been removed. We're getting close to launching more things and had to update the Terms and Conditions for sake of a minimum 30 day notice. The irony is the T&C mistakenly had that in it due to a consultant writing it.... guess the April fools joke was on us on this one!

...in any case, removed now. If anyone sees anything else that is contrary to our ways please PM me.

Rocky

Do you and 3web/Distributel/CIA use the same T&C consultants?

JGROCKY
Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY

Premium Member

Might have. The individual who did ours was at one point legal for Cybersurf. The pool is only so big in this area.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Rocky if this was true you'd have an angry mob with pitchforks and molotov's in front of your offices!

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18

Angelo

Premium Member

kuddos:

Harassing or abusive language or actions, whether verbal, written or otherwise, of our employees, suppliers, agents and representatives is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to JGROCKY

MVM

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

Rocky

The new T&C is (excluding old AUP) 430% the size of the old one, it's a bit more than 30 day notice stuff! Looks like it needs a bit of revision...
justsomeguy8
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to Angelo

to Angelo
said by Angelo:

kuddos:

Harassing or abusive language or actions, whether verbal, written or otherwise, of our employees, suppliers, agents and representatives is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.

I guess this means that Teksavvy customers can't criticize Bell or Rogers anymore. That is abuse or harassment of their suppliers.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by justsomeguy8:

said by Angelo:

kuddos:

I guess this means that Teksavvy customers can't criticize Bell or Rogers anymore. That is abuse or harassment of their suppliers.

That sucks... Cuz I have a CRTC complaint open against Rogers. :\

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to justsomeguy8

Premium Member

to justsomeguy8
said by justsomeguy8:

said by Angelo:

kuddos:

I think TekSavvy will allow it, but as for you slamming TekSavvy.. STOP IT.

GNca George
GorillaNET Wireless Broadband
Premium Member
join:2008-07-12
Minden, ON

GNca George to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

The new T&C is (excluding old AUP) 430% the size of the old one, it's a bit more than 30 day notice stuff! Looks like it needs a bit of revision...

"Gopher server" would be a reasonable clue that things are not quite what they seem. Legacy R us.

Pretty much everyone copies T&Cs from everyone else. I have never met anyone who ever did the whole thing from scratch.

The trick is to filter out the crap and bring forward the stuff that you endorse that meets both your philosophy and your contractual obligations.

Rocky responded REALLY fast!!

Well done!

Geo
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

said by justsomeguy8:

... not funny.

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member

Angelo

Premium Member

said by 34764170:

said by BACONATOR26:

said by justsomeguy8:

... not funny.

well you wanted to slam didn't you

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to 34764170

Premium Member

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

said by BACONATOR26:

said by justsomeguy8:

... not funny.

It wasn't meant to be funny...
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by BACONATOR26:

Then enough of the fanboi garbage.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by 34764170:

said by BACONATOR26:

What 'fanboi garbage'? I was ready to fight the AUP change and boycott TekSavvy had it gone down whereas JSG just slams everyone that isn't Bell.

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Angelo

Premium Member

yeah seriously... the pro and anti tsi crap is out of hand.

and infringes on the tsi AUP!
justsomeguy8
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

said by 34764170:

said by BACONATOR26:

What 'fanboi garbage'? I was ready to fight the AUP change and boycott TekSavvy had it gone down whereas JSG just slams everyone that isn't Bell.

It was called a joke.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Angelo

Premium Member

to Angelo
if everyone would place him on ignore, that would solve a lot of issues.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

Might have. The individual who did ours was at one point legal for Cybersurf. The pool is only so big in this area.

Tacit? I have my doubts on that guy.Seems to sluggish/not interested/bored when he speaks to the CRTC

Packet Loss
Packet Loss
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Guelph, ON
Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE
SmartRG SR808ac

Packet Loss to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

Rocky

*Running and/or hosting server applications including but not limited to HTTP, FTP, POP, SMTP, Proxy/SOCKS, and NNTP.

Geezus!!! I would freak out and I would about to strangle someone who puts that in.

I use those application on daily basic for University, Work and etc.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:The irony is the T&C mistakenly had that in it due to a consultant writing it....

[/BQUOTE :

Hope you aren't paying the 'consultant' anything.

Like most things, you get what you pay for --- I'm VERY expensive and worth every penny, so next time you need a consultant, PM me.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Yikes.. That thing is longer than War and Peace and requires an army of lawyers to help you translate it into plain English :O

LosingFaith
@teksavvy.com

LosingFaith

Anon

said by FiReSTaRT:

Yikes.. That thing is longer than War and Peace and requires an army of lawyers to help you translate it into plain English :O

Yup, it's like TSI is trying to be the new Bell.

First suck-ass customer service.

Second, hour-long hold times.

Third, a customer-rights smashing new TOS and not even notifying customers about it.

I think it's almost time to start trying to identify the 'new TekSavvy' - that is, a young, hungry, smart, customer-friendly like TSI used to be.
LosingFaith

LosingFaith to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

If anyone sees anything else that is contrary to our ways please PM me.

Don't have a login, can't PM, an replying directly to your post to encourage you to read my two prior posts under the same anon name.
LosingFaith

LosingFaith to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

In essence, this sounds to me like we should continue to expect TSI to act 'like all the others' or at least use as an excuse about why you're looking like all the others is that you can't hire anyone else.

Hint: Hire Geist to do your TOS.

Or CIPPIC.

Or else end up risking being like Bell, CyberSurf and all the others.
LosingFaith

LosingFaith to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

If anyone sees anything else that is contrary to our ways

Changing the TOS without notifying customers is "contrary to your ways", right?

In fact THE WHOLE, NEW TOS IS "CONTRARY TO YOUR WAYS".

There, now you know. Let's see what gets done about it.
LosingFaith

LosingFaith to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY
Ok, so I found the email from yesterday notifying about the changes.

So thanks for having done that.

But why did it not get sent to my usual point-of-contact email address? e.g. The one I received notice about the change to HST at, in May 2010, since that's the address I monitor actively.

TSI seems to have trouble with emailed notices - sometimes they go to all email addresses on a customer's account (as they should) and sometimes they don't (like for this notice of the change to the TOS, which went only to my @teksavvy address).
Alexo
join:2003-12-06
Richmond Hill, ON

Alexo to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

We now know people are reading things! It's been removed. We're getting close to launching more things and had to update the Terms and Conditions for sake of a minimum 30 day notice.

Original TOS + AUP (1 document): 3856 words
New TOS + AUP (2 documents): 14633 words

So you made the TOS + AUP almost 4 times longer, with lots of things explicitly forbidden, just to accommodate the "30 days notice"?

That's your excuse?
Are you for real?
said by JGROCKY:

It depends. If your ways are "become as evil as Rogers and Bell but have slightly cheaper prices" then no, can't see anything. Otherwise, just about everything. I am not about to quote specific parts because the whole thing is an abomination.

You want to fix it? Get it back to 4K words.

On a personal note:
I switched both my phone and Internet (cable) services to TSI. When Bell and Rogers (respectively) contacted me with "great offers", I told them that I would stick with TSI because they "got it".
Since that is no longer the case, I don't see any reason to feel any loyalty to TSI or to recommend them to others anymore.

P.S.,
Waiting with baited breath for TSI to kick me out for using an "excessively long signature" in a private email to my wife.

P.P.S.,
I tired to keep the post polite. If you want to know how I REALLY feel about this move, convert this post to all caps, add a swear word every 3 words and append The Pirate's Bay standard suggestion about retractable batons.