spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Debby

@sbcglobal.net

Who's Fault Is This, Really?

Let me get this straight: You *CHOOSE* to live so far out in the middle of no-where... that you can't get the extremely hi-speed fiber optic service you (imagine) you need... and you aren't happy about it?

camaro97

join:2011-03-03
Dillsburg, PA
First of all, define 'far out' and 'middle of no-where'... I live within 10 miles of the Pennsylvania capital, Harrisburg. My neighbors on the next street have FIOS (unfortunately on a different switching station).

Besides, that's the primary point here. It is a matter of principle. I'm being charged full price for subpar service.

Would you pay $80,000 for a Kia car??? It's a $20K car, but for you, we're charging 4X for it (we're charging you for 1.5 - 3.0 Mbps download, and we're delivering you 1/4 of that). That's the primary issue here.

Verizon clearly advertises "you'll get a dedicated line from our central office to your home so your service won't slow down just because your neighbors are online", and on that advertising, they do not deliver.

That's the driving force behind the negative review. I'm perfectly happy with DSL speed service when its delivered to the package speeds I'm being charged for.

So who's fault is this, really? It's Verizon's. They offer a service, advertise it with specific statements, and do not deliver.
LAGZ0RZ »